Hello from a total newbie (but with good skies)

peter319

Hello everyone,

I have just bought my first telescope as not long ago I moved to the Appenine mountains in central Italy. One of the first things I noticed (whilst staggering home after too many vinos!) was how little light pollution there is here. There are no street lights or house lights that I can see so I'm hoping to have some very good nights.

I have just bought a Celestron 5i with the goto mount. I managed to get it used for under £300. The scope is currently on it's way from the UK to Italy and I'm hoping it arrives in one piece :)

I have never used a telescope before so I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions. Thanks in advance before you all get fed up with me.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Pete! (I only joined yesterday btw...)

I presume you are a UK ex-pat too? We're living in the mountains of Southern Spain and have similar conditions to you by the sound of it.

I'm waiting on a Sky-Max 127 EQ3 to arrive from the UK at the moment - my first 'scope too.

John

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. I can't do much until the scope arrives but I'm sat here like a kid at Christmas!

Old Glyn......... another Janner eh! and

Multi-Coated......... blue,red,blue! (They will know what I mean).

Archived