Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thunder & Lightning

Not sure if this is the right section, if not, please feel free to move it mods!

Here are some pics of a recent thunderstom that I captured from our bedroom window. Thuderstorms are fairly common here in Bavaria during the summer, and sometimes when they happen at a time that I have got enough time, I try to "capture" them from our house.

This one was sadly over in 15 minutes and from over 200 pics that I shot during that session, only about 7 or 8 show some good action.

I hope to get some more pics as the thunderstom season is hotting up just now :hello2:

MC116.jpg

MC117.jpg

MC118.jpg

MC119.jpg

MC120.jpg

Incredible shots MaCross! I really like the lightning streaks across that pinkish sky, the energy and power can certainly be felt in those images. I also like the dark contrast of the grey clouds and the roof tops enhance the compositions, especially with those telegraph poles.. Thanks for sharing these amazing pictures! :hello2:

Cheers everyone for your kind comments! Muchly appreciated :hello2:

I have uploaded several thunderstorm timelapse sequences on my vimeo account Martina Cross on Vimeo for those who are interested :D

There is a hefty thunderstorm forecast for later on this afternoon and tonight, hopefully a good (and safe show) will be displayed...

Cheers again!

Good work, MaCross. 7/8 out of 200 is very good going, particularly when those 7/8 are as nicely composed and exceptionally exposed as these. We've not had a really good storm in years. Yesterday we really needed one because the atmosphere was so close it was unbearable, but after a couple of rumbles it was over. :)

Cheers guys! All I got yesterday was a little flash scraping the upper right corner in ONE pic... Nothing else...

I got a fab timelapse of "Mordor" like moving storm clouds though :(

The temperature dropped from 29C yesterday evening to a rather measely 14C... today it felt like re-living a Caithness summer day :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived