Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Albireo - Oh the colours

Captured this quick image of Albireo, and really ramped up the saturation to show the colour contrast. Possibly a bit much, but it really shows the amazing colour contrast between the pair.

post-16549-133877602812_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. Not the sort of quickly-snapped image I would normally think of posting (I prefer something that takes a bit more effort!), but the colours were so striking and it is the ultimate double.

• 2 weeks later...

Great photo. I got to see this for the first time on Friday, and it was one of the best things I've seen yet. I used 38mm panaview eyepiece, and set in all the stars of the Milky Way it just looked fabulous.

I wouldn't dismiss this as requiring no effort! It requires exposure, focus and colour balance to be dead right - and they are.

Beautiful picture.

This is a first-night 'must see' when I have beginners here and it never fails to delight. I suggest racking out of focus till the two discs touch, so as to bring up the contrast.

Olly

That is gorgeous. Simply wow! A favourite summer pairing of mine. I'm doing a double stars talk for my local astro society at the end of the month. Would love to use this image in one of my slides if that is ok with you?

...Would love to use this image in one of my slides if that is ok with you?

Hi Seb. Yes, feel free to use my image. And thanks everyone for the comments. It was just a quick single image which I nearly discarded, so I feel a little unworthy of all the positive feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived