Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Albireo - Oh the colours

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments. I'd completely forgotten about this one. It was just a quick capture. I think about a 30 second exposure at ISO800 on my Canon 450d plus the 200mm Newtonian.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't belittle yourself. This is a great example of why astro-photography is such a great specialty of this hobby. Many people think they have to go for hours of deep sky photography, while a "simple" snapshot of a multiple star system has equal "wow" factor for many viewers!

Have you taken a picture of the "double-double" yet? Or how about Mizar-Alcor ( there are more stars in that system than you might first imagine ! )

Many open star clusters, ( the M objects ) are BEAUTIFUL subjects, and while they don't require the greatest of skills and time, they can ellicit "ohhh"s and "ahhhh"s from those who view good photos of them! Enjoy and NEVER apologize for your efforts!

Jim S.

Archived