SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars April 24th Good seeing.

Space Cowboy

Very nice - good detail there. I aspire to images like this. Which scope and camera did you use?

Peter

Thanks Peter I used the 10" Dob & QHY5L-II colour cam with a 5x powermate making f22.

Cheers Trace & Alan!

Here is a mono red from the last avi of the night at 23.05UT :

post-4016-0-23642700-1398429117.png

Nice images,i was observing around the same time and noticed the "haze,cloud" right of center,would this be Olympus Mons.

Thanks Paul yes the cloud over Olympus Mons was very clearly defined on the live capture.

Cheers Steve & Simon I guess I was lucky to get anything last night with cloud around.

Thanks Pete for sure these look better as the seeing was so stable probably the most consistently solid seeing I've ever had on Mars and if trans had been good then it would have been a golden night but I will take silver! :grin:

Those images are looking great with strong edges to the dark features.  The cloud is over Elysium volcano, Olympus Mons has not come around yet, great to catch it when it does.

John.

Thanks John I need to improve my Mars Geography! :smiley:

Here is a GIF animation of the nights captures starting at 20.52ut ending 22.58ut. All the sharpest images were in the first hour. I did take a 30 min break when seeing suddenly dived but picked up again at the end.

post-4016-0-33047000-1398459845.gif

Lovely images Stuart. I think the animation is brilliant - you can really see the 3D cloud with it floating above the surface! Really good!

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived