NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi - newbie Nr Loughborough

Al.Grant

Hi,

Have already read many posts on SGL and found lots of good advice and interesting comments.

Astronomy isn't a new interest ..... just my ability to put any real time/effort/equipment into it. Until now my stargazing has been limited to binoculars along with some visual Satpass/ISS/Iridium spotting, mainly because my work meant I spent lots of time away from home, so a scope wasn't really a practical option.

That has changed and after LOTS of reading, I'm looking at getting my first scope within the next few weeks. Happily (and luckily for me) my wife is also really interested.

I already know there are questions I'll be asking - -( hopefully they won't be too stupid! )- - and SGL certainly looks like the best place to get some reliable answers.

What I know so far is ........ there is lots I don't know or fully understand!

Also looking for any astronomy clubs in the Loughborough / Leicester area.

Cheers

Al

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Al and welcome to SGL :)

We have a local observing group in your area called East Mids Stargazers - click link in my signature for further info - leave an intro thread in the group and you'll get plenty of welcomes :p

Hi there Al, welcome to SGL :)

Somebody on here (can't remember who) once said that the only stupid question is the one that you don't ask. Believe me, they're right.

There's a wealth of info in here and there's are always folk around willing to share advice and tips 'n' tricks.

Archived