NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M13 M51 M36 M37 M38 M61 NGC 3628 NGC6946 NGC4627-31 Needle and Rosette

davy999

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Images were captured using Atik 314L and either Celestron C6 SCT or William Optics 66

All images were guided apart from NGC 3628 that was taken at home (hence poor alignment and trails) all were taken on Friday 8th and Saturday the 9th as I stayed at the observatory all weekend (again except NGC3628 that was taken 6/4/11)

Had problems of cloud on some, hence quite noisy and the wind was shocking so it was a struggle at times to get anything.

Thanks all

Luke,

That was with the Celestron C6 with Atik 314L guided with WO 66 and Atik Titan (guiding wasnt perfect on that setup unfortunately, especially because of the wind)

Whilst there are many and I think they look good I should really spend much longer on each target to get much more data and smoother images. M13 was a higher number of subs of 20 seconds for each colour (LRGB) and that is why it has resolved the stars so well, and is now my favourite image to date.

Not bad since I only started in June last year? :))

Thanks for the info, we're hoping to try some imaging with a C6 and that really encourages us to give it a go!! :)

Sorry I forgot to ask as well whether, if it was the C6, you used a reducer or went with F10?

Luke,

That was with the Celestron C6 with Atik 314L

Archived