Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another newbie from the North East

DarkSky71

I like many grew up with an interest in astronomy and wanted to be an astronomer or astronaut. When i was a kid , i used to go to a local astronomical society, i did an O level when they were O levels and not GCSEs in Astronomy when i was 14 and got grade A.

After that life got in the way and my interest waned. I started to get interested again when i met my wife over 10 years ago as she was interested in the night sky but knew nothing about it. Bought a telescope 114mm reflector but soon stopped using it as light pollution spoilt views and it was to big to travel with. It went in the spare room to collect dust for 5 years or more.

I recently got it out to sell as it was just taking up room, ended up buying another scope , an ETX-90 , which is much more portable as we are away most weekends in the motorhome and a lot of sites are dark. Have used a few times in light polluted garden but had no luck with clear skies the 2 weekends i have took it away. Heres hoping..

Anyway my interest is back again , so here i am a born again astronomer.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recently got it out to sell as it was just taking up room, ended up buying another scope , an ETX-90 , which is much more portable as we are away most weekends in the motorhome and a lot of sites are dark.

Hi Darksky and a welcome from me too!! I am new to this absorbing interest and like you spend much time on touring caravan sites where the skies are much less light polluted.

This was one of the considerations leading me to take up the hobby and purchase my scope with a view to getting much more out of caravanning.

The ETX90 should be a handy and portable addition to your motorhome!! If you find any particularly good sites please let us know!!

Archived