Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi

milky way

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi milky way.

the only advice i can give is - make sure your finder is alligned with your scope. i find this easier to do in day light on a distant object such as a aerial or telegraph pole basically anything i can see that about 500m or more away.

after thats done and you get a clear night venture out and see if that helps. and also be very gentle with the focuser, its very easy to go past focus so just wind the focuser in and out very slowly and you should get to see something.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Hi Milky Way, and welcome to SGL, I think the first thing you need to do is familiarise yourself with your new scope in day light hours, look at a distant lamp post or a tree and get use to focusing and moving the scope around before you venture out under the stars, be very careful to stay well away from the sun, I'm sure you know that already.

Hi Milkyway and welcome to the forum. You don't make it clear whether you can't see anything through the scope (you are unable to focus/collimation is out) or whether in fact you can't find anything such as a constellation or planet. Can you supply more details about precisely what the problem you're having.

Clear skies

James

Hi Milky Way

Have you downloaded Stellarium yet? Great free software and at least it will tell you what you're NOT seeing - lol - Seroiusly though, tell us more about the problems you're having - there are loads of people who'll be able to help

Good Luck

Archived