Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How is it for you?

magician

Got out, got set up, rigged up a 500mm telephoto lens on the Newt to have a go at autoguiding - SC3 won't talk to PHD. SC3 won't talk to K3CCD for LX. Pooh. Got the Nikon out, tried M33 but each sub was cloud damaged. More pooh.

Got colder and colder and finally started suffering from fine snow.

Game over for now at least.

Hope somebody's getting better luck.

Captain Chaos

Got out, got set up, rigged up a 500mm telephoto lens on the Newt to have a go at autoguiding - SC3 won't talk to PHD. SC3 won't talk to K3CCD for LX. Pooh. Got the Nikon out, tried M33 but each sub was cloud damaged. More pooh.

Got colder and colder and finally started suffering from fine snow.

Game over for now at least.

Hope somebody's getting better luck.

Captain Chaos

Had a shower got me thermals on and.......................&%$# clouded over :D, Im downwind of you CC so its your fault :p

Cold and clear....

However my Skyscan upgrade turned up from Auntie Flo :D

Do I ....

A) Take the mount apart and fit the upgrade....

:p Don't touch anything and just do what I normally do..Go out and observe with the standard HEQ5...

C) Do the upgrade...Get the scope and mount outside ...Spend 20min trying to suss out the GOTO..Get frustrated and get the bins out.

D) Just get the bins out and wait untill i'm less tired..

Well it is cold, crisp and clear outside... and I don't know which is/was more frustrating, either

1) sitting in with my leg in cast and a new scope, gazing out at the cloudy sky, or

2) sitting in with new scope and unable to move it outside to make use of the clear skies due to the leg!

GAH! :?

Clear, cold but very windy here in North Somerset. Too much wind for the dob so I've been popping in and out with the Megrez 90. Nice views of the usual suspects but the wind is even too much for that little scope at low power. I've just tried out the 26mm 2inch Super View eyepiece that came with the dob - it's "only" a kellner design but works very nicely on DSO's - not as much glass as my other designs I suppose.

John

Just had 5 hours of clear dark skies and no wind. Seeing was good and I reckon this has been my best session to date. Saturn was shining like a diamond, M42 the best I've seen it yet, the double cluster and many other targets just jumped out of an inky sky. I'm frozen, I'm dead beat, but I'm happy. :D

I sympathise Johnny Hormone,

Last night here was lovely and clear. Not a cloud to be seen...at least not from the window of the hospital I was in! GAH!!!!

Thankfully I've now been discharged and of course its now going to be cloudy for a few more months lol

Good luck to all :D

Paul

Archived