Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First scope ordered - Monday delivery.....

Scotty27

I have taken the plunge and placed my order today. I spoke to Martin at F.L.O, he said that they are flying off the shelve at the minute off the back of the BBC 2 programme the other week, he managed to talk to the supplier and put aside a Skywatcher Explorer 200P with the EQ5 mount - should take delivery on Monday.

I have downloaded Stellarium as advised, is there anything else I should be looking to do before i get started?

Thanks,

Scott.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Scott.

i picked my 250 up last weekend and got my first chance to have a look through it tonight, and it was amazing how good it was so hopefully you'll be just as pleased with the 250.

any ideas of any dark sites close by you as i'm not far away in measham so feel free to let us know if you've a secret dark site stashed away lol.

and one thing i'd advise is do a bit of reading up on polar alignment as i'm finding it hard to get my head round but thats probably just me. and also if the 200 is anything like the 250 then budget ep's work really well, i'm sure more upmarket ones will outperform them but didnt fancy spending £200 per ep lol

Hi Scott and welcome to the forum

My only advice is to calmly a sit down, make a nice cup of tea and wait for that box to turn up - then rip it to shreds, get that scope set up, start some observing!!! :rolleyes::hello2:

Clear skies for its arrival!

James

Warm clothing.

Work out which are the bolts that bend easily and take care with them - ask astro-baby if not sure. She knows everything.

Learn to set it up and generally get the feel of it indoors at first. In the dark and cold it is impossible. New scope means 1 night of cloud for every 10mm aperture so you will have time to learn.

Archived