Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from West Lothian

EcoTed

Hi All,

I've just got my first scope - a Skywatcher 130p Auto-thingy Goto :)

Unfortunately, I've also just started a stretch of nightshifts so I can't use it yet, not very well planned on my part.

Anyway, now I'm off to dig through these forums, if I can't look at the stars, I can at least read about looking at them.

Cheers

EcoTed

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ted and welcome to the forum.

Brushing up on a bit of knowledge is a useful way of keeping the old astro mind going during cloud but it is frustrating when you can't get out. Hopefully when your free from work the clouds might play ball!

James

Hi EcoTed welcome to SGL. ;)

SGL is great for all those cloudy nights and the advice you will get is excellent. Read through the threads and don't be afraid to ask any questions that's what SGL is all about. :p

BTW I'm also in West Lothian and a member of CSOG (same as blinky and Byz1453) we have a pre-arranged monthly observing session and other sessions when the weather is good. Feel free to come along if you like, beginners are more than welcome, just check out the 'observing session' section on the CSOG forum for all the info. :D

Cheers

Hello and welcome!

I'm also new around here and this is a very friendly and helpful place.

Even if your on nights get the thing built up and have a play about so you know what everything is, also set up your finder scope in daylight so you'll be ready to go once you have some free time ;)

Archived