The BBC is to blame!

badgeranduni

Hi all,

Yes another convert thanks to Stargazing Live :)

Bought myself a second hand TAL-1 from the free-ads for £60 as I didn't want to throw money at something I'm a complete noob to.

Due to the dire weather I've only had one night out (last week) with it, but got a lovely look at the moon and even a look at Jupiter! very small :D but a great feeling seeing a distant planet with your own eyes.

I will no doubt be tapping your brains as I get to use it more, but first gotta work out all the adjusters on the Equatorial mount :iamwithstupid:as they say, learn to crawl first, then trip smack your face on the floor a few times before walking. But I'm sure I'll get there :evil1:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Badger and welcome to the forum.

You're right about the crawling and tripping up, you should see the state of my head since joining this forum, its been like A&E on here sometimes.:D:D:D

Well you've certainly done one thing right and that is pick up a scope from one of the best respected manufacturers of scopes. Everyone has heard of skywatcher, meade etc at some point in their research but TAL are one the best kept secrets going so Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! don't tell the others.:evil1:

Let's hope you get some clear skies soon.

James

Archived