Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from County Durham

drmillrace

Been interested in Astronomy for a while and have been observing with binos and taking pictures with a dslr on a tripod but just got my first scope.

Skywatcher 127 Mak Goto.

Had my first observing session last night and was pleased to get the scope and goto setup without any problems. Jupiter was good with some bands and the moons visible. Then I tried to use the goto to look elsewhere and the clouds rolled in!

Better luck tonight.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the 'real' world of astronomy - the weather!!

I do feel particularly saddened when people starting off just can't get stuck in without the clouds spoiling the party. But hey, that is the reality and certainly provides one lesson at any rate which is, never miss an opportunity to get out there as you never know when the next might come. The 'seeing' hasn't been great either (stillness of the atmosphere you're looking through) but hopefully that is due for a change as well.

Glad you could come aboard and wishing you some very clear skies soon.

James

Archived