Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cracking skies tonight in Merseyside...

Bellyeye

...but unfortunately I have no decent gear to enjoy it with.

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and hoping that you boys and girls can help with the above dilemma.

It's been 10 years since I last got out and about to enjoy the sky but recently I've got the bug again. I've always wanted to get into astrophotography but it was (to me) prohibitively expensive back then.

So with the above in mind and a budget of a grand (ish) any mount/tele combo suggestions would be very welcome.

Looking forward to taking an active part in the forum but in the short term - I'm off for a pint!

John

Hi John and welcome to the forum.

First, where's my pint? If you're getting a round in I thougt you might ask what we're all having. :):D:D:D

Can I recommend that you get hold of a copy of Steve Richards "Making Every Photo Count" (FLO £19.95) It's a comprehensive guide to what you need, why you need it and what to do to get the level of imaging that you're after. Imaging has probably changed since you were last involved but sadly not the price. Clearly there are different ways of achieving an image and it is really useful to have that overview at the start and so this book might indeed save you money.

Clear skies in the meantime,

James

Archived