Hi from Derbyshire

kharga

Hi. I am rekindling my interest in astronomy - something to do with the BBC programme from just down the road at Jodrell Bank! I am looking to get a scope for planets etc, but my husband wants one for astrophotography!! I am fancying a Skyliner 200P Flextube for ease of set-up etc but dont think this will suit for photography. Can anyone give me any pointers towards a scope which will do both - price about £500. Many thanks

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kharga and welcome to the forum.

Astrophotography or the 'Dark Side' as it's often called can be easily performed as a widefield shot of the night sky or it can be a long process of collecting digital data in order to bring out details of a deep sky object (DSO) which conversely is a little bit more tricky. If this activity is the ultimate goal then may I recommend Steve Richard's "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95). It is important to have a total overview of this area of astronomy because it can be very technical and can prove very expensive and so this comprehensive book might in fact save you money. It is well written in a clear and concise manner and sets you off in the right direction with knowledge of what's ahead. Hope you don't my directness it's just that you don't want someone to experience to many obstacles that might spoil their fun.

Clear skies in the meantime.

James

Ahhhhhhhhh! A stalker :D

I wonder how many dark sky sites can be accessed by canoe!

Hi Kharga

Welcome from another in derbyshire. Dodgy character that Glyn should stay away from him :icon_eek:

Sorry Glyn. Only joking. Enjoy your day off. See you tomorrow.

Dave...

Archived