Hi from Gloucester

gazza666

Hi to you all Dont Know anything about this hobby but have always wanted a telescope

Have narrowed it down to two scopes they are the

sky watcher Explorer 130PM

sky-watcher 130P supa track Auto

not sure which one would be the best but my gut tells me the sky-watcher 130P supa track Auto

What do you think?

Or maybe you know something else for about £200

Thanks I am sure I will be asking a lot of questions

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gazza and welcome to SGL :)

Both scopes are good (parabolic mirrors) and it would depend on wether you want "auto" or just tracking, and wether you like alt/az or equatorial mounts. I'd agree that with your suggested budget a 150P is preferable and will show a lot more deep sky objects.

Hi Gazza and welcome to SGL :)

Both scopes are good (parabolic mirrors) and it would depend on wether you want "auto" or just tracking, and wether you like alt/az or equatorial mounts. I'd agree that with your suggested budget a 150P is preferable and will show a lot more deep sky objects.

do you mean a Skywatcher Skyliner-150P Dobsonian Telescope

Welcome, the skyliner Dob is great but has no tracking to follow stars so do you want tracking and goto (Equatorial Mount) as with this Dob you have to find things yourself and objects will drift through the eyepiece especially ay high magnification - simple imaging not possible.

JohnH

Thanks for all your comments and advice I have decided to buy the

Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5 that should keep me busy for a bit

I would like to attach my camera to this scope I have an old camera but a good one have read that you can atach this

the camera is a nikon coolpix 990 I know you need an adaptor ring but not sure if I need anything else between the adaptor ring and eye pice on scope

plenty of questions to ask but I will keep reading

Hi gazza and welcome to SGL I'm from Gloucestershire too. The local astronomy society is called the Cotswold Astronomy Society and they hold meetings at Shurdington Village hall the second Saturday of each month 7.45 to 10.00pm. It can often be helpful to visit groups like these to see telescopes used by other members and get hands on advice.

Regards

Kevin

Archived