Newbie:greeting to you all!

Syrinx

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check in and say hi to all of you. I'm new to this after having received a great gift of a reflector scope for Xmas.

I've been watching Jupiter and its four moons, the moon, and the Orion Nebula for the past two nights (finally no clouds!!!), and I can safely say I'm hooked.

The universe is a truly beautiful place.

I'm hoping this year to travel around to some of the best places for star gazing, and having already enjoyed photography for years, would love to explore astrophotography.

So, hello to you all!

:)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and thanks for the welcome!

I've always found it fascinating...finally, I now can see it for myself. I could literally watching for hours, even if it does mean chasing Jupiter all night :)

Really looking forward to the journey ahead of learning!

Hi Syrinx and welcome to the forum.

A good start to getting into astrophotography is to read Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" (Flo £19.95) which provides a comprehensive detailed account of all that is required to obtain the results that you're after. It is also likely to save you money as well as good images will cost you good money.

Clear skies

James

Archived