NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Southport

nutflake

Hi all,

thought I would say Hi and a big thank you to you all for "letting" me read all the posts and advice in order to purchase my first scope. I've just ordered an 8" Skywatcher Explorer 200p! This forum has been invaluable. You're all STARS!

Many thanks!

Gary

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Scope Gary Welcome..your going to have fun with it I got one as well and love it to bits.Word of caution as this one comes up a lot with these scopes be very very careful with the two bolts that adjust the latitude. They are very easily bent out of shape so when you first try adjusting the latitude make sure to undo them fully. In fact take them right out first and move the scope to get a feel for the movement you will need to apply then when you have got used to it put them back and DO NOT bend the scope back on the bolts be very gentle and careful.

If you get any problems with them best bet is to replace them with stronger ones. Apart from that the telescope is brilliant and will give you a great deal of pleasure. Enjoy:)

Archived