Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from North Wales

naked"I"

Hi All.

I dont yet have a scope as im researching / learning all I can so I dont buy the wrong thing (again).

This forum is a wash with info and a very helpful community.

My first question, is there a place for the newbies where we can find translations of words and abriviations that you "pro's" use?

I'm aiming for a Skywatcher 200pds, without goto, I know its a biggy to start but need to justify all the research.

Thanks

Dave

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave and a warm welcome to SGL from Snowdonia....This is the place to be if you need any help, the guys here really know their stuff...I used it to research my first scope too, went with a SW Skyliner 200P, very impressed with it so far..But been cloudy for the last week!!..Grrrrrrrrrr...Dont miss Stargazers Live tonight at 8.00pm BBC2.....:eek:

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

I would not apologize for wanting to start the hobby with a large scope as it will show you plenty of great things and is more likely to reward you for longer than perhaps if you had bought a smaller scope. Hopefully, part of your research will include actually looking through some kit as well, as you will be able to confirm that what you want will be able to satisfy your 'needs'. I admire your patience so far which isn't an easy thing to achieve given the quantity and quality of gear that's out there all demanding your money but I've a feeling you'll last the course.:eek:

Clear skies to you in the meantime and good luck with the research!

James

Wow, thanks for all the welcomes, nice to know that things move along on here.

Thanks for the heads up on the bbc2 tonight.

also bought a paper late today (the sun) and found a big spread on the above.

Dave

Hi and welcome to SGL, where are you? I'm in Anglesey.

Hi Kriss77, Im in Abergele, I hope to buy a scope soon, the wife is almost onside with the fact I NEED one :eek:.

are you static or do you get out and about with yours?

Hi Kriss77, Im in Abergele, I hope to buy a scope soon, the wife is almost onside with the fact I NEED one :eek:.

are you static or do you get out and about with yours?

I have taken the scope to a couple of locations on the island, Newborough and Amlwch, but there isn't much light pollution where I live so 99% of the time I'm in the garden.

Archived