Hi everyone

roKAZ

would like to say hello to everyone on this incredibly informative site . Im Rory and live in the north of scotland im still researching what my first scope will be but hope to be stargazing in the very near future . The varied content and sheer mass of the community makes this the most powerful forum i have come across

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rory and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you are doing some research before making a purchase. Can I recommend that you go along to as many observing nights that are organized by local astro societies at this time of year. All the reading that you can do won't tell you how the scope actually performs and more importantly, if it will match your expectations. Its a good opportunity to see some of this gear close up, how long it takes to set up, how easy it is to move it around and what eyepieces you are observing with - they can make quite a difference to the observing experience as well. I hope you don't mind my suggestion as there is no rush (...the stars aren't going anywhere) but its important for you to buy the most apprpriate kit for your budget and location.

Clear skies and good luck with the research!

James

Hi Rory,

Wlcome from me to SGL - probably the best site on the web, sorry I mean definately. Don'f forget o put your marke on the map - thereshould be space up north. Maybe there are others within range of you - if there are then don't by shy about asking if they can show you their kit in action on a lear night.

Clear skies.

Bob :(

Archived