Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M16 - The Eagle Nebula Redux

Tim

I captured this data early on in the year, but didn't really get the time to do the data justice due to time constraints. It has been in the back of my mind to have a look at it again when I got time.

It's a pretty tricky target from here, just above the roof, but i'm glad I persevered, the Hubble teams "Pillars of Creation" from 1995 is one of my favourite images, and it was nice to be able to take a peek at it myself.

Skywatcher MN190 telescope with SXV H9, baader Ha, O3, S2 filters. Quite a few hours for each filter.

Click on the piccy for full size version (5.4mb)

Thanks for looking.

Tim

tj-albums-mak-newt-190-pictures-picture8157-m16-narrowband-redux-small-version.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not just the scope Cat but patience and dedication :(. A fantastic image Tim and well worth all the time and effort taken :)

Regards

Kevin

Kevin, totally realise this, but this shows me what is possible with the scope and wow.....

I am considering £3000+ worth of Borg and well at £1000 for this astrograph, sort of makes my mind up really.

I join the applause. The fine, etched-looking details are so striking and, yes, there is detail in the Boks! The stars are good too, with hardly a trace of the unwanted side effects of the palette.

The MN190 really is an extraordinary telescope. It would be great to do a shoot-out, TEC140 vs Mak Newt. The focal lengths are nearly the same.

Olly

Plenty of data there Tim, another showpiece image for the MN190, some patience & care gone into this image, something I don't see much from people who just buy CCD's just for the hell of it. I think i'll have to look into one of those H9's or something with a high pixel count with the redundancy money looming !! :(

Something new to learn with time & patience.

Nadeem.

Archived