Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

MOON yesterday with SW ED120/900 26/12/2010

luis

Yesterday I became ice and got stuffed up for beeing out in the froze outside to see the moon. I shoot the moon with the ED120/900 SkyWatcher ProSeries in the EQ5 without motor.

Afterwards by weeks with clouds, I took advantage of the open, therefore could be the last before finalizes 2010.

Its a single photo jpeg unstacked, in a DSLR canon.

The second image, is barely the enlargement of the detail of the famous crater plato.

Regards and a happy new year!

Luis

luaed120.jpg

pormed120.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks astropeople,

Hope I am going to encourage people in start imaging. Its very cool!

Regards,

Luis

The main image is one of the best single DSLR shots i have seen on SGL.

Was this a prime focus image?, which DSLR do you use.

Paul

Wow Luis that's some stunning shots you have got there, hopefully i will be taking shots like that myself in the not too distant future i just ordered myself a Skywatcher equinox 120ED APO i can't wait for it to arrive now, beautiful photo's

Regards Rob.

The main image is one of the best single DSLR shots i have seen on SGL.

Was this a prime focus image?, which DSLR do you use.

Paul

Hi everybody. Sorry only now cameback.

Paul,

I used a barlow 2x in the photo. The camera is a canon 550D

Was taken a single shot with 1/80 seg 200 ISO

I took other shot with other barlow to compare, but got bad focus you can see here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-lunar/123780-bad-focus-same-moon-sw-ed120-900-26-12-2010-a.html

Rob, Then you have to post moon photos here with your equinox 120ED APO ! I love my ED120, because the weight is only 5kg !!! and is not big.

Hi Luis

Superb. I assume the 550D has mirror lock? - which my Nikon sadly lacks. I suppose I could experiment with the old dark card in front of the scope - I might just give it a crack! Didn't think DSLRs could produce planetary images like this. Very impressed. Excellent.

Thanks astropeople, You´re very kind

Hi Luis

Superb. I assume the 550D has mirror lock? - which my Nikon sadly lacks. I suppose I could experiment with the old dark card in front of the scope - I might just give it a crack! .

Yes, it has mirror lock. If you shoot under 1/25 is absolutely needed. But without wind, over 1/25, it keeps steedy until focal aprox.1800mm. I shoot several times 1/25 with aprox.1800mm, with auto 10 seg, and it keps steedy, but 1/20 doesn´t.

Regards,Luis

Archived