Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello and Thanks from Buckinghamshire

Gamma Ray

Just wanted to say, as someone just taking up the hobby again after many years, thanks for all the helpful advice in this forum. It's been invaluable in choosing a telescope and mount from the bewildering range available today.

I think the quality of replies, help and humour speaks volumes for the hobby itself, and now I have become a member I hope I can contribute at some stage when I have something useful to add!

Here's looking up!

Ray

Thanks for the welcome guys and gals. This has to be the friendliest and most helpful forum around. And I much prefer reading real-life experiences with kit on here than the very superficial reviews in mags.

The last time I was out with a telescope regularly the Internet didn't exist! It's such an amazing resource for a hobby like this. Now after months of research on it I'm ready for first light with my new telescope and really looking forward to it. Just reading about stars and planets has brought back the sense of wonder I had many years ago with a home-made 3in refractor and a wooden stepladder for a mount.

Happy New Year and Clear Skies

Ray

Archived