NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telescope for xmas? me too! hello :)

moogy

Hello....

I have had an interest in the stars for a long time and have always known that i would get myself a telescope one day and get to know the heavens a little better.

I kept telling myself, the stars have been around for a while and they aint going to disappear any time soon!

Anyway, my girlfriend bought me a telescope for christmas and not knowing a lot about them decided on one that has "national geographic" on the box, which she thought meant it was one of the best... when i showed and explained the differences between other telescopes, she fully understood and has agreed to take it back and put the £135 to a better scope, which i shall also put money towards.

Now that the first step has been taken into the astronomy world i find that i want to make time to get out in the garden looking at the stars instead of watching them dancing on the TV.

The hardest thing now is trying to decide what to buy!!!

This is a very big site with lots of information and i am really looking forward to using all this information to help me learn and understand more about our night sky:)

Mike

pembrokeshire

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all..... i knew there was a lot i didnt know and i am slowly finding out how much i didnt know that i didnt know!!!

swmbo keeps saying "you still on that site are you?" "yarp" is my reply!

I really am enjoying seeing what we can achieve with everything from a set of binoculars to a 12" dob......

I'm enjoying too, looking at your personal web pages with your findings and photos.

mike

Now that the first step has been taken into the astronomy world i find that i want to make time to get out in the garden looking at the stars instead of watching them dancing on the TV.

Hi moogy, best stick to looking at the night sky, its much more entertaining!:(

welcome to the forum.

Alan

Hi Mike, and welcome!

You are doing the right thing by changing telescope...if you had kept it, you'd soon be put off by how little you could see.

This is such a great site for finding information. I've been a member of the SPA forum for four years - after jumping ship onto the SGL I'm a very happy bunny!

All the best for the years ahead with your new scope.

Kind regards, Andrew

Archived