Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Swadlincote

SwadBaggie

Long time lurker, first time poster. Mark, 41 from Swadlincote, Derbyshire. Always had a passing interest in stars and planets etc and was inspired to learn more after watching 'wonders of the solar system' earlier in the year. Got my self a planisphere and found my way to this forum as a result of the prog.

Just taken delivery of my first scope (see sig). managed to get some views of jupiter and moons before fireworks and clouds/smoke made things difficult, most impressed at first session.

Many thx for all the help without even having to ask anything :eek::hello2:

Cheers, Mark.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mark and welcome to SGL :eek:

If you're interested we have a local group (East Mids Stargazers) that meets at a dark site just off Jn24 of the M1 and another near Belper. You'd be welcome to join in just click the link in my signature for further details :)

thx for the warm welcome people :eek:

@Brantuk, thx for the invite to join the group, would love a chance to observe somewhere dark :)

@Celeste i think it may be a bit of a handfull for him to set up or move on his own. however it's easy enough to use when set up. other thoughts from people with more experiance most welcome :p

Archived