Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New from Dartmoor

Antx

Hi from south Dartmoor Devon

i have just joined your community after using for it for reference. i think the shared knowledge i have seen is excellent and has been really helpful

i have been interested in astronomy for years and have recently upgraded my scope to the skywatcher 200p on an EQ5 and am loving the ground up learning with polar alignment scope/setting circles and star chart

i have loads to learn (i am sure i have come to the right place)

cheers

Ant

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Antx - you'll find this website fantastic for browsing, getting tips and feedback - very helpful folks all around.

You're also very lucky with the dark skies in Dartmoor; I'm based just NE of Exeter, and wish the light pollution here was far less than what it is...

Hi and welcome from me too

Great scope, have the clouds parted since you got it?

No! the skies have been mocking me. i have really thought carefully about which scope to upgrade to (referred to this site a lot.........) and now that i have it..................

My last scope was only a 114mm reflector so i am yet to see the 'awesome' difference that i hope to see......

i am really impressed with the mechanics of the EQ5 though.......

Hi Ant and welcome to the forum.

I have camped on Dartmoor several times and it is truly a lovely (dark) part of the world - you're very lucky!

Clear skies

James

cheers James

i have lived here my whole life (farming etc) i am very lucky, my garden faces east across the moor, unobstructed horizon NNW to SSW so have got ideal polar alignment

where do you camp out when you visit?

Archived