Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pictures taken during some LX/mono mods

geppetto

When I modified my webcam I made up a carrier board like this, with the LX circuit and a serial port control circuit built on it. I also left space for adding the amp-off mod and even a peltier cooler that I intended to position directly under the CCD chip.

The advantage to me was that I didn't have to make any track cuts, bend pins or solder anything to the camera boards.

Dear Glider,

congratulations for your modifications! Could you post the PCB layout and the component connection diagram? I can make pcb by myself in order to modify my spc 880!

thank you very much,

Marco.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a fantastic thread and so very informative. I cannot wait to attempt this mod myself. I have a tendency of F'in things up but this time it certainly won't be due to a lack of info.

GREAT THREAD THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS POSTING IT :):icon_salut::D:icon_salut:

SPACEBOY

Would people be interested if they could have the bare board and a list of the parts needed to put this together?

I'd be willing to supply the bare board to people if enough were interested to drive the price down to benefit everyone. In one off they are expensive but if we can bulk buy everyone can benefit.

Thanks to Philip's thread my flashed 880 is now all modded and waiting on a serial/USB adapter. One other question... in my excitement and haste to get on with the LX mod I didn't flash to raw mode. Will I no longer have the option to flash to raw now the mods have been carried out ??

Has anyone done the amp off mod and documented it? I have read that M42 needs around 180 secs exposure and the amp can cause problems around 120 secs so ideally I would hope to carry out the amp off mod with as good as instruction as I have found this thread to have given.

Thanks again for your effort uploading this thread Philip :D:icon_salut:

Glider, i'd take a few i have 4 sitting around, one was to be a spare for when i could no longer buy them 1 was for practice and first use and the third was for modding with a 2nd chance if i bungled it...i just read 11 pages of info to get here! and i think i like your layout best..and as its for keeps i like the idea of an easy repair should something go wrong, i hope you apreciate that i will require a complete guide to the install!

Thanks for all this info in one place guys,,,the pictures that started this thread madse it so much more simple to follow than anything else i had see.. tips hat to thread starter.

in my excitement and haste to get on with the LX mod I didn't flash to raw mode

Can you explain this flash to RAW Mode please!

am i missing a flash file or 2? i keep see refrence to an astro flash when i search the web! could this be it? link would be nice to the info on a RAW mode flash?

I've done a costing and I could supply the pcb and the electronic components to go on it for £25 if I kit the stuff in 10 off quantities.

You'd need to add an enclosure, 9 pin Sub D connector, switch and mechanical fittings to box it all up.

• 5 weeks later...
I've done a costing and I could supply the pcb and the electronic components to go on it for £25 if I kit the stuff in 10 off quantities.

You'd need to add an enclosure, 9 pin Sub D connector, switch and mechanical fittings to box it all up.

Did this ever come to anything? I'd certainly be up 1 at that price.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks to YesYes for giving me the idea..

I took the parallel to USB PCB out of the cable I got from ebay, it's connected inside the project box. Now I have a USB cable direct to my laptop.

I will post some pictures as soon as it's complete..Looks very neat and tidy!!

Acme

Cough cough :)

Can this mod be done with just USB?

this is what i envisage would be needed? did i read correct that it need not be a parallel port anymore?

can someone clarify the switch is for amp off and not LX mod toggling.

LX mod can be toggled by sharpcap etc?

if it is for LX can it be omitted and toggled via software and then how is amp on/off controlled?

what signal to 4066 is needed from serial. txd ? or even is the 4066 used when using serial signals?

lxmod.jpg

I am wondering if its possible to put the 900 in to LX mode without using an additional cable, just a simple circuit and a switch?

Can anyone confirm if this is possible?

Reason: I am trying to keep my serial port free for DSLR shutter control and have the 900 as a guide camera permanently in LX mode.

You could make a small box and put a small USB hub and a USB to serial converter in it. Then you would only have one USB cable going to the PC and the USB and LX mod cable going to the webcam.

Archived