Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Philips SPC880NC is now.......

russ

Yep, I did a re-boot too. I'll try again tomorrow - after starting the flash, I just get the message "unable to download binary file". in the green box (or words to that effect).

Many thanks for your help. Regards, Andrew

Andrew, did you put the SPC900NC binary file into C:\Program Files\TWIRG\WcRmac\binary\8116 before trying to flash?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, give it ago Andrew.

Not sure what OS you were finally using but at least in XP goto Control Panel and select system then Hardware tab then Device Manager, find the camera in the list (the camera must be plugged in) then right click the camera and select uninstall, then afterwards remove camera and reboot.

If all goes well the next time you stick the camera in it will asked you to reinstall which will mean using the inf file.

Once installed then run a capture program like sharpcap etc and select the camera in the device settings. If you get a feed off the camera then keep it running and run WcRmac and in the DS insterface coose the camera and do a backup of the device, then do the firmware upload. That should be OK, then unplug and reboot and install the OS drivers for the 900NC. The camera should now be a 900NC and then you can run sharpcap and WcRmac again and do the OPTIMISED COLOR macro if you so wish (I then would do another camera firmware backup just so anything happens).

Hopefully this should get you sorted Andrew

Thanks to all the info given in this thread... I too now have a flashed webcam :))

I had obviously got into a muddle and saved the 880 bin file taken from the webcam as the 900bin file... so I was flashing the cam back it its original state again!!! It must have been a late night!

All works fine now - a big thank you to everyone on this thread :D)

Regards, Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

hello all, this is my first post...

i got myself the philips webcam and did all the flashing etc

but i cant find a way of turning the light off on the webcam,

its only a small light but i bet its bright enough to ruin night vision,

perhaps a peoce of trusty old gaffa tape will surfice.

on another point i could not get k3ccd tools to work on my r2 unit (win7 64bit)

but sharpcap works perfect.

thanks for all the info.

paul

hello all, this is my first post...

i got myself the philips webcam and did all the flashing etc

but i cant find a way of turning the light off on the webcam,

its only a small light but i bet its bright enough to ruin night vision,

perhaps a peoce of trusty old gaffa tape will surfice.

on another point i could not get k3ccd tools to work on my r2 unit (win7 64bit)

but sharpcap works perfect.

thanks for all the info.

paul

The LED does not effect the sensor so imaging is still OK, I used put a bit of black tape over it as you have already suggested. It works great

The inf file can be downloaded directly from he product page:

https://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=6313&CategoryID=452&SubCategoryID=522

there is a link in the middle of the product description. And yes, you will need it. the cam will be recognised as a SPC880 first (with that file), then you can flash it on Windows XP. It will NOT work on anything other than Win XP!!

Once flashed unplug it and plug it in again and it will be recognised as a SPC900 now. Then install the original SPC900 driver from Philips.

Bah I can't make much of this, I have a notepad up, it says:

Installation is for Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000,

; and Windows Codename Whistler build 2296.

[Version]

LayoutFile=Layout.inf

signature="$CHICAGO$"

Class=Image

ClassGUID={6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}

Provider=%PName%

DriverVer=10/01/2002,5.2.3790.0

[ControlFlags]

; All PnP devices should be excluded from manual AddDevice Applet list

ExcludeFromSelect=*

[Manufacturer]

%philips%=Philips

[DestinationDirs]

DefaultDestDir=11 ; LDID_SYS

; Delete old Win95 and "Detroit" update drivers

Phil.CopyDrivers.NT= 10,system32\drivers

Phil.CopyExtDll= 10,system

PhCam.CopyHlp= 10,HELP

Phil.CopyFilter= 10,system

;================== PVCV630K / PCVC640K / PCVC650K ===============================

[Philips]

%Phil730.DeviceDesc%=Phil730,USB\VID_0471&PID_0310&MI_00

%Phil740.DeviceDesc%=Phil740,USB\VID_0471&PID_0311&MI_00

%Phil750.DeviceDesc%=Phil750,USB\VID_0471&PID_032c&MI_00

And it carries on like that to the end and turns into a different language :)...I wish I had paid the 2.49 for Morgans to flash it for me but I didn't see that option before. I put the webcam in the XP laptop but it didn't recognise it...error installing....me and tech don't really get on

That's the right file, but you don't need to click on it to use it. Place the file somewhere you can easily find it (on the desktop for example), the plug in the webcam, when it looks for the driver, point it at this file, the rest will take care of itself.

Steve