Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Philips SPC880NC is now.......

russ

It was abit of a pickle to load to Vista 32 Bit

1. Insert Webcam into USB Device

2. Windows should detect the drivers (don't try and search yet)

3. Download 900NC drivers from Morgans site

4. Download wrmac onto PC and install

5. Locate the 900NC.BIN file via google

6. Transfer the 900NC.bin file to Wrmac/Binaries/8116 i beleive.

7. Load Wrmac and DS Select Interface on top toolbar and select connect.

8. Goto Binaries in Wrmac and select save as.

9. An error might occur which is what mine did "runtime" code

10. Control Panel

11. System

12. Should have an Exclamation Mark against the USB device.

13. Reinstall/Update drivers.

14. Browse for drivers yourself

15 Have Disk and type c:\windows\inf

16. Select philips and the 900NC driver should be there.

17. Install 900NC Drivers from morgans site

if none of this works let me know, but this is the process of what i done, unsure why Wrmac crashed. but after when i went into control panel 900NC device was there wierd?

Edited by david's dob

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved the 900NC.bin files into Wrmac/Binaries/8116 but nothing shows up on WcRmac when I try to continue.

Its probably because for some reason the 900NC.bin is showing as a "VLC media file (.bin)" lord knows why.

How the heck do I fix that?

Me and machines..urgh.

Manning, Ours is the same, just run it again to see whats going on, SPC900nc.bin shows as associated with VLC - but not important.

I had to plug a camera in, tick "ok-I take full responsibitilty", go to Webcam menu, chose DS interface, highlight webcam & click connect, bin file now shows in binaries window.

You may have to highlight to "load into cam"

Good luck

JCJC's dad

Edited by JCJC

I think i've misuderstood all this as a solution to get the webcam to work at all. I'm trying to install drivers on Windows 7, right now the camera will not work at all since win 7 wont find any drivers for it not even when I point it at them in a folder (880 or 900 drivers).

I got the Philips SPC880 from Morgan.

I may luck out if my brother still has an XP machine, otherwise i'm screwed.

Edit: Has anyone used the additional option to have the camera flashed by Morgan https://morgancomputers.co.uk/Shop/detail.asp?ProductID=6407&CategoryID=556&SubCategoryID= i'd glady pay for the camera again and their service to flash it for me instead of going through loads of hassle myself.

Edited by Manning

got mine through the post yesturday and all sorted - albit a bit longer than 5 minutes because i did not read the instructions ... LOL...

Manning - check the 880 driver on the morgan site - you need that installed and remember to have an app running your cam when you run WcRmac - otherwise it just hangs....

I think i've misuderstood all this as a solution to get the webcam to work at all. I'm trying to install drivers on Windows 7, right now the camera will not work at all since win 7 wont find any drivers for it not even when I point it at them in a folder (880 or 900 drivers).

I got the Philips SPC880 from Morgan.

I may luck out if my brother still has an XP machine, otherwise i'm screwed.

Edit: Has anyone used the additional option to have the camera flashed by Morgan https://morgancomputers.co.uk/Shop/detail.asp?ProductID=6407&CategoryID=556&SubCategoryID= i'd glady pay for the camera again and their service to flash it for me instead of going through loads of hassle myself.

What version of Win 7 have you got? The professional version has an XP mode you can download which gives you a XP virtual PC for free. I used that to flash the firmware based on details I found via this forum. :icon_eek:

What version of Win 7 have you got? The professional version has an XP mode you can download which gives you a XP virtual PC for free. I used that to flash the firmware based on details I found via this forum. :icon_eek:

Control Panel => Device manager=> Update Driver => Manually Select Driver - untick compatible hardware - point to the SPC900 drivers I think off the top of my head. (Should work for unflashed cams)

Manning - check the 880 driver on the morgan site - you need that installed and remember to have an app running your cam when you run WcRmac - otherwise it just hangs....

I tried the 880 driver from morgans (its just a .inf file), but windows 7 will not recognise it even when I point it at them when it asks to search for them manually.

I cant have an app running the cam because the cam isn't recognised (as stated above), I plug it in and it tried to find the drivers on its own and fails, and its just stated as an unregognised usb device in device manager.

StevieDvd: I have Windows 7 home premium.

I'll try a pre-flashed cam from Morgans, and if I eventually get my current one flashed, I can always sell it on.

I tried the 880 driver from morgans (its just a .inf file), but windows 7 will not recognise it even when I point it at them when it asks to search for them manually.

I cant have an app running the cam because the cam isn't recognised (as stated above), I plug it in and it tried to find the drivers on its own and fails, and its just stated as an unregognised usb device in device manager.

StevieDvd: I have Windows 7 home premium.

I'll try a pre-flashed cam from Morgans, and if I eventually get my current one flashed, I can always sell it on.

If you do not have any access to an XP machine then you could ask around friends/work colleagues/Astro club/neighbours etc and get them to flash or see if anybody he on SGL lives near you who can do it or you just reorder a pre-flashed model from Moragns and put the unflashed one on hold till you find an XP machine then you could have a spare cam when the other fails.

If you find XP, then flashing is a 60sec job. Follow message 5 at the start of this thread.

OK, so mine arrived- it wasn't exactly the same as I expected, almost identical but without Philips written on the actual camera (it was on the stand) and no button on the side.... that said it works PERFECTLY (in the office) the software advice on this thread is Spot on and I was able to capture and stack a picture of the kitchen opposite my desk :-)

Obviously due to my purchase I have thick cloud, heavy rain and loads to do every night for a week :-(

I got the Adapter and filter Morgans where selling and they both fit fine and better still, fit into my scope!

Very excited now to take and maybe show some pictures from my humble scope!

OK, so mine arrived- it wasn't exactly the same as I expected, almost identical but without Philips written on the actual camera (it was on the stand) and no button on the side....

That is exactly the difference between SPC900 and SPC880... :icon_eek:

That is exactly the difference between SPC900 and SPC880... :icon_eek:

and the firmware... [sings] they call me Spc900... that's not my name :D

(Basically it knows its name so won't automatically install as the other)

Edited by haitch

Right, mine turned up today. So I guess the next step is to download the right drivers and read through this thread and work out what I am supposed to do to set it up. Fingers crossed for no major issues.

it possible to use the spc880 with windows 7 by using a a modified driver file and selecting it manually. I did mine a while ago but can provide the file to anyone who wants it

Ahhh that's how it was done. I'll have that please... pm incoming Colin.

Yay, working on a Windows 7 PC WITHOUT FLASHING!!!

Thanks Colin, btw if anyone else gets the file off Colin you just need to install the 900 driver and copy Colin's file over its namesake in the driver folder before pointing to it manually.

Edited by haitch