Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Philips SPC880NC is now.......

russ

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If thats the soldering one....

i have never been good at soldering... mutter mutter i wonder if i can fry a few LOL

Yes.

I have had an original Philips SPC900NC for a while,that I use for planetary/moon imaging.

So for £5, I ordered a couple to experiment on!!!:)

If I can mod the first to SD1,the second I will try the amp off mod.

Fingers crossed.:)

Wayne

Mogg adaptors are available to allow the webcam to be used with a camera lens. I made one from an old x2 camera convertor body. Just watch the back focus requirements v's the length of the nosepiece...I had to cut the nosepiece back to around 22mm length.

Ken

By the way, is enamelled copper wire the thing to use for the LX mod?

Nope, much better to use insulated wire... good source is a meter say of phone extension wire as it has many cores and each core has different colours....

Some mod pictures here that I posted a while back...:)

http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/114129-pictures-taken-during-some-lx-mono-mods.html

Just got round to finishing testing my 4 cams.

Out of the 4 I have one with several stuck pixels (incidentally that is the one that came for a now banned member), 2 with more minor hot pixels (well off axis and only show at extreme frame levels / gain etc in a dark environment) and 1 where I cannot detect any hot pixels.

I intend to use one for planetary and mod 1 for deep sky. I know I can use dark frames to remove the effect of the hot pixels but for which use will I see more benefit from less evident hot pixels? I'm guessing deep sky due to the added factor of long exposure but I'd be grateful for any advice.

my homebrew adaptor to couple the SPC880 to the back of Canon EF mount lens

SPC880 webcam and the moon | PhotosbyKev

I used the FLO webcam adaptor and machined up an aluminium mount to convert from the 1.25" nose piece to the Canon rear dust cap. works a treat :) for reference the back focus distance on Canon EF lens is 44-45mm.

Hi alll

Getting this message when clicking the binaries tab,

Run time error '-2147024770 (8007007e)

Automation error

The specified module could not be found

Any ideas please?

Sorted, tried it on a different pc and worked fine :). Original was media centre edition, don't know if that affected it.

wow !

flashed mine tonight, took me 2 hours, i hate computers and tech stuff !

didn`t realise that i needed to have the camera running i.e. taking images so when i ran the WCRMAC program it kept coming up with a weard message ;)

anyway up and running now, thanks Russ ! i definatly couldn`t have done it if i couldn`t see you pictures. :)

Eek, now is there an advantage to me getting one of these if I'm quick enough? I have a Neximage which I've modded to use Raw colour mode - is that basically exactly the same as the SPC880? Or is the chip slightly different? All these numbers confuse me...