NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Philips SPC880NC is now.......

russ

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way to display more than one camera onscreen? I have 2 of them but whatever program I use, when I try and connect to a 2nd cam the machien or application hangs.

I'd wondered about this too. Did you leave one with 880 firmware and flash the other to 900?

Wayne....

my Progress

I can have 2 SharpCaps running, both from different paths and have 2 independent cams working Windows 7.

At this point though its my life cam on one and the Phillips on the other.

as for both Phillips at this point they crash the program totally and make it unresponsive even to Task manager nuke, only way to solve that is a full reboot.

So im pondering if a registry edit of the cams might seperate them ok.

I have 1 instance of Sharpcap running a 900 and another instance of Sharpcap running an 880.

Both are ticking over very nicely indeed.

I know its cheating using one flashed and one unflashed but it works.

Edit, the 880 instance allows me to change contrast etc etc via sharpcap whereas the 900 needs the cameras dialogue box open to do it.

Edited by simon84

I found an app called tincam, it can see two cams and names them 1 and 2.

So from that i assume that the driver supports the dual id as mentioned n the link i put up.

I guessing that the issue is probably application based, to see if it also can see two cams

I have 1 instance of Sharpcap running a 900 and another instance of Sharpcap running an 880.

<chomp>

Edit, the 880 instance allows me to change contrast etc etc via sharpcap whereas the 900 needs the cameras dialogue box open to do it.

The SPC900 drivers are evil and don't implement the functionality that I use in SharpCap to take control of the settings. I have *just* worked out how alter the settings using a different, much lower level approach. With a bit of luck I should have an updated version for the SPC900 out sometime next week.

Robin

Edit : I have three of these cams now - at some point I will see if there are any problems with using more than one at a time with SharpCap.

Edited by rwg

The SPC900 drivers are evil and don't implement the functionality that I use in SharpCap to take control of the settings. I have *just* worked out how alter the settings using a different, much lower level approach. With a bit of luck I should have an updated version for the SPC900 out sometime next week.

Robin

Edit : I have three of these cams now - at some point I will see if there are any problems with using more than one at a time with SharpCap.

Hi Robin,

I was able to use two with no problems at all. In fact it ran very well indeed.

The only problem was USB bandwidth, I have 2 USB hubs built into my laptop so was running one from each, if I tried running both from 1 hub it didnt want to know at all.

I'm going to keep to one of each now, not sure I will ever need to image the moon or planets through 2 different scopes at the same time but its nice to know that I can.

It wasnt too much hassle not being able to access the camera controls for the 900 as I have a 17" screen but I suppose on a netbook where space is a bit more precious it would be great to have direct access to them.

I though he looked like The Big Boss Man from the golden days of WWF.......

Im not sure if thats worse :)

LOL

well that pic made me decide i need to a shave..

0 all over except the goatee.. if that went id be in divorce proceedings LOL

Edited by Earl

I thought it was a compliment :) I'm in the same boat with a number 1 on top and a patch under my chin, had the full goatee but got so fed up with people calling me Phil Mitchell I decided to lose all of it apart from the patch.

I used to have my goatee 4" long and dyed blue......looked good when I was playing my blue Les Paul but any other time I just looked like a right plank......lol.

I see a new ebay user is wrecking the auctions for these by bidding a massively high amount and mopping up a few buy-it-nows too.

(but let's not get into a fair price argument)

Edited by cootuk