Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

help i`m new!

oldfruit

Hi, my name is Mark and i live in Boston in Lincolnshire. I have been interested in astronomy since i was very young, probably about 8. I am 40 now and have recently started to persue the hobby more. i have been fortunate enough to be able to buy an 8 inch Helios reflector with drives on both axis and some nice eyepieces. Also have a digiscoping bracket for attatching a digital camera or camcorder to my scope which is fun. i have a philips toucam that i was lucky enough to get cheap from ebay so i think i have a setup that is not bad for a starter and will give me a lot to keep busy with until i gain some experience. there currently seems to be no astronomy club i boston at the moment and I am hoping that you guys can give me some realistic advise as to what can be achieved with the set up that i have and how to go about getting good results. my main interests are the planets and the moon but more the planets really. thanks for reading.;)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Mark From me too ;o)

your welcome to come and join us and a few friends

its just a little weekend get together in Boston,

with binoculars and telescopes,

you could come over just for the saturday night,

with you living so close.

weather/clear skies permitting of course.

pm me if interested,and will tell you all about it. ;o)

chez

Hello Mark

I'll add my welcome though I am a newbie too! I hail from Billinghay which is only a few miles from you, there was talk of a small star party being organised in the Boston area sometime this autumn but I don't know if plans have moved on any further?

Like you my interests tend to lie with the Moon and Planets but maybe as I learn more my area of interest may change?

Regards

Buzz

well i must say that you have all made me feel very welcome and thanks very much for that. also it seems that astronomy is not always such a solitary persuit as looking at the replies i can see i should have joined this site before. many thanks for the nice welcome messages and please if you guys have any more info of this possible star party in or around the boston area then please let me know as i would deffinately be interested. my flask is ready:). thanks again

Archived