Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

No star gazing for a over month ahhhhhh!

kidlands

Getting a bit depressed now, havn't had a crack at the sky properly with my new scope and eyepeices for over a month. The cloud cover has been pants for me, really looking forward to the autumn sky now.

steve

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know how you feel. Its been nice and cloudy here in the south east for weeks, although last Friday I got a slim break and was able to do a little viewing. But now that my new eye piece has arrived I'm hoping for a nice cloud free night this week so I can try it out!

So I went to bed last night 10ish just catching a glimpse of Venus between the oh so common clouds.

Exited front door in zombie mode 04.55am for work and looked up to see a perfect sky with the moon and a bright Jupiter laughing at me.

:mad: another missed chance doh!

Last night was forecast to be cloudy, I looked out at around 10 and it was cloudy.

When I eventually went to bed at 1am - it was lovely and clear!!! Nice clear blue sky out there today, but going to cloud over and rain later :mad:

Ant

Has anyone ever made a log of the cloudy nights we get at sunset. It might just be interesting. And no, I'm not volunteering.

I started one in 2009. By april there were so many cloudy nights recorded that i got too depressed to carry on and binned the log.

Archived