Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Am I taking this hobby too far ? :)

greenkat

Apart from astronomy/astrophotography being my hobbies, I've also been into the scootering scene since the early eighties, having owned several Vespas and Lambrettas in my time.

Seeing as most customised scoots usualy have something relating to mods, bands, films ect, I thought I would do something different and theme my scoot on astronomy ;)

Hope you likes

post-13805-133877442468_thumb.jpg

post-13805-133877442473_thumb.jpg

post-13805-13387744248_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the comments peeps

The black holes have now been filled with the relevent flashing bits

Yes TJ, its a vinyl wrap, poormans answer to an airbrush job ;)

Oooo I see theres some bikers about, ... anyone for a beachfight ?

Ok, maybe not, I'de probably do my back in :p Maybe just an icecream and a deckchair instead :D

That is very nice Greekat. I was into scoots in the 80's, been riding big bikes since then and am now looking to get me hands on a decent PX200, they are like hens teeth now.

I did have that idea, to get some astro pics muraled onto it but you have beat me to it mate, and the vinyl wrap works really well.

If you decide to sell gimmie a shout...... :-)

Gary

Kat

My brother paints scooters/bikes/cars/lorries/toilet seats, in fact anything that takles paint- he's probably painted it:D

He's had quite a few competion winners with scooters and the money that people spend on them is crazy, it's their money though;)

I had a Lambretta TV200 that had been modified with a rebore and oversized piston fitted (was already done when i bought it)

I was only 14 years old when i bought it and so couldn't ride it on the roads, when i wed at 19, i left the scooter at my parents house along with a KTM comet cross moped, years later, i asked my brother what had happened to the scooter and he couldn't remember:confused:, oh well another of life's mysteries:p

Crumbs- that was back in '72:eek::p

Love the scooter graphics:cool::D

John:)

BTW, i was looking the shed at my mums house years later and found the only evidence of the KTM, a gear with the makers name on it- Sachs, i think my brother stripped it and put it in the bin bit by bit:icon_scratch:

Archived