SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Officially excited now...

daz

Only a few days to go now, and excitement is now officially allowed :):p

All the camping stuff is now sorted and piled up in the conservatory and I have Wed afternoon off to strip down the mount and scopes and load the car!

Not long now :) :) ;)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daz - thanks for making my excitement official. :):p

My packing lists all done. I've sorted out about half of my observing plan and started checking some of the kit. Unfortunately, I've had to buy a battery pack after I found that my old one was kaput. :)

I'll be getting all the camping gear out on Tuesday just to give a once over.

I hope to be there about 11.00am on the 15th (Thursday).

I am also looking forward to meeting everyone again. Picking up the 100mm binos today which I hope to bring along to give a different type of view...Perhaps I should see how many galaxies I can spot over the party with them and run a sweepstake!

Should be over 100 with the Virgo group in play!

Plan to arrive Thursday pm with my two boys in tow..

Mark

Have started my planning and pre-packing, stuff going into the hallway bit by bit over the next few days, pack the car wednesday evening, last bits thrown in thursday and away I go... cant wait!

We're leaving on Wednesday, and driving up to Redditch, where Nelson will be staying with my mate Gert for the weekend (that way he won't get into any trouble....at least not in Lucksall, but who knows about Redditch :)), and no doubt he'll be completely spoilt!

We will head down from there on Thursday morning, and expect to arrive early afternoon.

Can't wait....one day I will get a portable rig, but the main thing is to meet up with you all....some again and some for the first time :p

Cheers

Rob

It's a shame Nelson won't be there Rob, he's a great dog!

He is indeed Ian, but he's not used to being kept on a lead all the time, and Amanda will end up spending all of her time keeping an eye on him, so it's not fair on her, plus, not everyone wants a dog running around and using their tripod leg as a lampost....dogs don't differentiate...one scent marker post is just the same as any other in dog land :)

Cheers

Rob

We're leaving on Wednesday, and driving up to Redditch, where Nelson will be staying with my mate Gert for the weekend (that way he won't get into any trouble....at least not in Lucksall, but who knows about Redditch :)), and no doubt he'll be completely spoilt!

We will head down from there on Thursday morning, and expect to arrive early afternoon.

Can't wait....one day I will get a portable rig, but the main thing is to meet up with you all....some again and some for the first time :p

Cheers

Rob

Oh no, no Nelson, Nathan will be disappointed :)

Sam (Beulah) if you want any directions to avoid Hereford City let me know. I can tell you if you are coming from Ross on Wye there is a new ring road just outside of Hereford (by the Travelodge Grafton) which take you over to Holme Lacy (where the lectures are being held). This ring road is very new and does not appear on Sat Navs.

Mark

PS Rob I am sorry I won't see Nelson he was great fun last year.

Mark I will be heading down on the A49 from Leominster, would cutting across the A417 to Newtown and then follow the satnav be a good alternative?

I'm heading down on the A49 also; but plan to avoid the city by taking the B4103 and head towards Lugwardine. I seriously hate driving through Hereford. (traffic lights ahoy) :)

Hello Pete and Sam. The quickest route from Leominster is to drive into Hereford going past the Hereford United FC. Shortly after that (200 metres) you reach a large roundabout (tesco) and turn left into Newmarket Street - straight into Blueschool Street and straight into Bath Street. You then follow the B4224 to Mordiford and Lucksall in just up the road from the Moon Pub.

However, I know that at certain times Hereford can be a real problem so the alternative -

When you reach the outskirts of Hereford you come to a roundabout (Travelodge - Starting Gate pub) turn left following the signs for Worcester (A4103). Keep heading for Worcester and after 2.3 miles turn right to Lugwardine (Colts Lane). This will take you onto the A438 - road to Ledbury. Turn left in Lugwardine and head towards Ledbury. After 2.6 miles (going past St Michael's Hospice) turn right through Dormington. This road takes you to Mordiford nearly by the Moon. Remember to turn left in Mordiford heading for Fownhope.

Hope this helps - see you later this week.

Mark

Right now I really can't wait.

Tent is up in the garden today to get some fresh air through it. All the other camping gear is ready and sorting out all our clothes on thursday as I am off work :-)

Wish I had a scope but this weekend is also a chance to see different scopes so I know which one to get. I am hoping that I get the chance to look at and through some of yours and get some advice. ( that's if u lot don't mind)

Then it's just the money lol..

I will be setting off early on fri morn from salford....

Can't wait

See u all soon then

Teddy

Archived