Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Officially excited now...

daz

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rob, Jasper has already started sulking now that he has learnt his best astro buddy won't be going......See you there

Nelson send his apologies Carl :p

I have visions of the pair of them hurtling around the campsite wiith scopes flying in all directions.....not the best way to win friends and influence people :):D:D

Teddy,

You're welcome to look thru any of mine, although I suspect they will be fairly small guns compared to some around. I am also hoping to wander round and peer thru peoples scopes or at what they are imaging. I'm assuming this is the 'done thing' at Star Parties?

Yes 100%. Almost all observers will be more than happy to show you views through the scopes that they have. Also the imagers will be happy to show you the subs that they are getting and talk you through what you are doing...

Just remember to ask first - some scopes will be imaging, so trying to look through the EP will obviously be fruitless and may ruin the image that's being captured.

Cheers

Ant

And avoid shining red torches at the business end of any scope "just to take a look" as that wont make any friends if its imaging at the time :)

(Steve @ FLO - no need to extend anyone's dew shield, OK? :p )

Me and Nicnac checked over the campervan we'll be borrowing today.

We flicked switches, stuck our fingers into holes, pulled levers, pointed at attachments and said "What does that do?"

Yup.

We really know what we're doing now! :):p

Unfortunately, neither of us can stand up properly (for different reasons), but we know how to work the chemical loo!:)

Well one of my car tyres decided it didn't want to keep air in it today, found it flat @ work ;) felt a big bump on the way to work this morning (blumming potholes) and have discovered a big dent in the alloys rim. Re-inflated when I got home and the leak is round the rim where the dent is, don't fancy driving to Lucksall on a get home wheel that's limited to 50mph :p:eek:

Now if it had been a old fashioned steel wheel it would have been big hammer time :) and some well placed hits to get the dent out.....you cant do that with alloys :) so tomorrow instead of packing I now have to find someone who can repair the rim, a new one will cost 288 quid plus VAT:eek::) which is ridiculous for 1 wheel:mad:

A blumming great start to the week!!

Gear [mostly] packed but 2 days in Germany to overcome first.. and then - IT's SGL time !

Yes, really looking forward to this.

New EP to try and also some nice folks to natter with when the sun / stars are out (high level assumption)

Rob - no Nelson - the legendary red light dog...we are in shock

Just come down with “Man Flu” but still plan to struggle bravely up to Lucksall on Saturday, hopefully in time for the first presentation. May have to postpone pitching the tent until lunch time as I want to listen to all of the morning talks…...

Started packing & noticed that I no longer have a camping chair or table….Hmm wonder where I left them – I can see a trip to Argos is on the cards for tomorrow.

Now where did I put the red acetate filter for my laptop – OK so I should have started this packing thing last week?

It’s a good thing I’m not that far from Lucksall so that when I find I have forgotten something vital I can pop home and collect it.

See you all on Sat.

Mick

My excitement has now gone from 'part-time lottery-funded voluntary sector' to full blown 'Whitehall official'.

The two page checklist (one page for camping stuff, one page for astro stuff) is now nearly all ticked.

It seems pre-Lucksall lurgy is afflicting many of us. Mine's toothache (suspected abcess). I may well end up having a tooth pulled out tomorrow morning. :):):p.

Back on the boil again :) wheels been repaired will pickup in the morning, did my checklist @ work today (instead of working).

Nathans insisting on taking the mountain bikes again so now I have to find the blumming cycle carrier.

I think he has an ulterior reason for taking the bikes, a few people with weak bladders (you know who you are) were complaining of the hike to the toilets, seems my lad is in entrepreneur mode and is planning on renting the bikes out for a fee :p:D

Archived