Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The site we visit at Cosford is the best close by. A good compromise between travelling and darkness - the first time I visited I couldn't believe that there were skies that dark so close to where I live (les than 1/2 hour from light polluted Brownhills)

Well you know the weather in this country (i.e. not as often as we'd like!)

Just stay subscribed to this thread and the next time there's a clear Saturday night when the moon won't be too intrusive there's bound to be someone post on here to arrange a visit.

What time are you planning on staying there until? I've got to work at our year 11 prom tonight so wouldn't be able to get the scope into the car until around 11.45 then be over for 12.15 ish.

Tapped with my own fair fingers on my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah really bad weather, got a couple of hours in on the 29th but wasnt totally clear. Had a quick play with Andromeda - still a little low n the sky. Hope we get these cloudy nights out the way during the shorter evenings.

Hi guys. I have had problems with SGL site - cookies I think

I had thought I posted about the West Midlands Group that has started- do we want to converse on there? This post is getting a bit long

I would hope that the number of members might be able to report on the various sites that have been suggested (and no details of where we have been meeting has been given out)

I wondered what had happened when you said you'd mentioned it here but nothing showed. Think SGL still has the odd quirk or two that shows up at random times LOL

Archived