Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm around that weekend as well

Hi Steve,

I'll speak to you nearer the time, but do you reck you will def be in for that evening?

Also, have you been to the Cosford site before...if so, do you have any directions or address etc as I haven't had chance to go before.

Anybody else is welcome, fingers crossed for clear skies :blob10:

Dan.

Hi mate, yes been a few times when I'm by a pc I'll message you the details. If weather is clear then I'll def be over. :blob10:

Great stuff Steve...Yeah, keep fingers and toes crossed! if it ends up being like last night it will be Deep Space viewing all night!! :o

Dan.

It's usually the way we had a clear sky last night but I was out in Wolves having a few head wetting beers in the Great Western whilst toasting crumpets by an open fire, so I got over it quite quickly

Fingers crossed we will get some more clear skies very soon.

Stu

Great Western... now that's what I call a pub, it's great in there, expecially on a cold winter night. Good choice!

:blob10:

Really can't read through all of this, there is so much, but nice to have local peeps who are passionate about astronomy.

Just took delivery of skywatcher 200P at work and am mega excited. I had a TAL when I was a teenager and spent most of the time staring at the moon becasue I did not take time to learn how to align the equitorial mount of find other objects. I'm pretty sure I did not even colimate it or align the finder scope.

Anyway off to take it home and spend several hours staring at it and lovingly unpacking it no doubt. See you all soon hopefully.

Clear Skies!

P.S. Prhaps you could convert this thread into a Social Group, I didn't see Wolves and Black Country on the Social Group list.

Really can't read through all of this, there is so much, but nice to have local peeps who are passionate about astronomy.

Just took delivery of skywatcher 200P at work and am mega excited. I had a TAL when I was a teenager and spent most of the time staring at the moon becasue I did not take time to learn how to align the equitorial mount of find other objects. I'm pretty sure I did not even colimate it or align the finder scope.

Anyway off to take it home and spend several hours staring at it and lovingly unpacking it no doubt. See you all soon hopefully.

Clear Skies!

P.S. Prhaps you could convert this thread into a Social Group, I didn't see Wolves and Black Country on the Social Group list.

There is a wolves and black country social group, HTH

Hi folks still planning to be at the farm on Thursday as that's my first chance this week. BBC forecast has just suggested cloud appearing on Thursday of course, I'm believing metcheck which says mainly clear!!

Just got back from that place, all i can say is absolutely amazing, i stared in amazement with binoculars that i didnt use my scope, for the first time i saw the andromeda galaxy, i could see satellites passing over, i lost count of the stars in orion nebula need i go on

Hi folks still planning to be at the farm on Thursday as that's my first chance this week. BBC forecast has just suggested cloud appearing on Thursday of course, I'm believing metcheck which says mainly clear!!

If its clear Thursday, I might try and pop over for a few hours :blob10:

This place sounds amazing! Can't wait to check it out...can someone PM me the address so I can get an idea of where it is please :blob10:

Unfortunately, I can't make Thurs and the weekend but def 7th April as discussed :o

Looking forward to finally venturing out of the back garden! Lol.

Dan.

near-360 degree skies :blob10:

Just move your scope to the other side of the tree and it is 360 :o

You wouldn't think it could be that dark so close to civilisation would you?

Sorry Steve can't make Thurs.

Could possibly do Saturday now as I'm not going away until Monday.

I heard the guy who runs that site has been spending time at her Majesty's pleasure so I wouldn't count on it being too accurate. I use accuweather for a 15 day forecast these days.

I heard the guy who runs that site has been spending time at her Majesty's pleasure so I wouldn't count on it being too accurate. I use accuweather for a 15 day forecast these days.

It's the only site that doesn't now think there'll be cloud by Thursday night, so I'm still counting on it :(

Archived