Narrowband

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

I would be most grateful if one of you good people could PM me some precise directions to the site and in particular where to park. I know roughly where it is but I haven't been yet. It would be pretty poor if I drove into the wrong field and got stuck, it would be even worse if I drove through the site on main beam and blinded everyone.

In the same boat to be honest. Got the address but not been before, lets see if it goes ahead - will worry bout that after :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be most grateful if one of you good people could PM me some precise directions to the site and in particular where to park. I know roughly where it is but I haven't been yet. It would be pretty poor if I drove into the wrong field and got stuck, it would be even worse if I drove through the site on main beam and blinded everyone.

I would like to join you, but I still don't know where I'm going.

Hi Steve, got to site about 11.30 totally clear and with a very bright moon - surprised how bright it was against a darkish site, Anweniel was there with his set up - very nice - never had a look through an apo before a really nice set up and had a nice couple of hours until the cold set in - went on the motorbike - really cold coming back think I got home around 1.45 but well worth it - get the moon out of the way and looking forward to the next one. Paul.

Yeah was a good night, thanks for the company Paul. It was well worth taking a punt on the cloud cover as it became crystal clear and good seeing. Jupiter was steady and we did a bit of a messier tour, moon wasn't helpful but got a few objects, even M81 and M82 visible with averted vision. So viewing was about down to mag9? Hint of milkyway too I reckon without moon would have been more easily discerned. Hopefully see a few more of you down there next time :)

Hi folks

Could someone pm me with the site details and the time you are meeting when you arrange another meeting as i would like to attend. I live in the walsall area and this group is very local to me. I dont know much about astronomy and attending these meetings would give me more knowledge and information than observing alone in my garden.

regards

dave w

Hi folks

Could someone pm me with the site details and the time you are meeting when you arrange another meeting as i would like to attend. I live in the walsall area and this group is very local to me. I dont know much about astronomy and attending these meetings would give me more knowledge and information than observing alone in my garden.

regards

dave w

Yes no problem, keep an eye on this thread as we tend to arrange days on here.

Archived