Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

wulfrunian

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

I would be most grateful if one of you good people could PM me some precise directions to the site and in particular where to park. I know roughly where it is but I haven't been yet. It would be pretty poor if I drove into the wrong field and got stuck, it would be even worse if I drove through the site on main beam and blinded everyone.

In the same boat to be honest. Got the address but not been before, lets see if it goes ahead - will worry bout that after :D

In the same boat to be honest. Got the address but not been before, lets see if it goes ahead - will worry bout that after :D

If its still 50/50 with clouds ill be up for tomorrow. We also get an extra hour as we put the clocks back!

Things starting to clear a little. Met now saying tonight is very good seeing in the wee hours and tomorrow cloudy from 10pm! It's decision time, i'm happy to pop up in a bit and take a chance if anyone else is

Just check met office and should be clear by 1.00am - wonder if its worth a trip out , my daughters train is delayed a little so could be there about 11 ish if anyone's going ?????

I would be most grateful if one of you good people could PM me some precise directions to the site and in particular where to park. I know roughly where it is but I haven't been yet. It would be pretty poor if I drove into the wrong field and got stuck, it would be even worse if I drove through the site on main beam and blinded everyone.

I would like to join you, but I still don't know where I'm going.

At site (I think) lovely and clear now, saw a really bright meteor as I pulled up! Come on down if you can make a night of it

Hi Steve, got to site about 11.30 totally clear and with a very bright moon - surprised how bright it was against a darkish site, Anweniel was there with his set up - very nice - never had a look through an apo before a really nice set up and had a nice couple of hours until the cold set in - went on the motorbike - really cold coming back think I got home around 1.45 but well worth it - get the moon out of the way and looking forward to the next one. Paul.

Edited by Northern Soul man

Yeah was a good night, thanks for the company Paul. It was well worth taking a punt on the cloud cover as it became crystal clear and good seeing. Jupiter was steady and we did a bit of a messier tour, moon wasn't helpful but got a few objects, even M81 and M82 visible with averted vision. So viewing was about down to mag9? Hint of milkyway too I reckon without moon would have been more easily discerned. Hopefully see a few more of you down there next time :)

• Like 1

Hi folks

Could someone pm me with the site details and the time you are meeting when you arrange another meeting as i would like to attend. I live in the walsall area and this group is very local to me. I dont know much about astronomy and attending these meetings would give me more knowledge and information than observing alone in my garden.

regards

dave w

Hi folks

Could someone pm me with the site details and the time you are meeting when you arrange another meeting as i would like to attend. I live in the walsall area and this group is very local to me. I dont know much about astronomy and attending these meetings would give me more knowledge and information than observing alone in my garden.

regards

dave w

Yes no problem, keep an eye on this thread as we tend to arrange days on here.

Had a mare with the laptop battery so I have ordered a power supply that can hook up to the powertank. Next time imaging session in order I hope :D

Hi it's private land. We normally phone or txt the farmer to say we are going. Just to make sure it's still ok

Hi it's private land. We normally phone or txt the farmer to say we are going. Just to make sure it's still ok

Cheers Steve.

So if i wanted to go along tonight or some other night,what would i have to do?

Best to try arrange on here. Since you mention it, with a new moon on 13th the following weekend would be good (pending weather ofc) so friday 16th saturday 17th anyone?

How did I miss this, let me know when and where you are meeting up and I will try and make it.

Best to try arrange on here. Since you mention it, with a new moon on 13th the following weekend would be good (pending weather ofc) so friday 16th saturday 17th anyone?

Sat would be good for me :)

• Like 1