SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all I'm new here, I'm in Netherton nearish to the merry hill centre. At the moment I've only got binos (Celestron skymaster 15x70), I would love to use them much more than going out into my back garden (only had them a few days) and I also want to do some photography too (got a Nikon D80 with 18-200 and 70-300 lenses). Are there any good places around here with not too much light pollution and a definite lack of boy racers? I was thinking about places on the way to Bridgenorth and stuff like that, maybe clee hill sort of way too.

Last photo. Did was a little while back of the moon but I'd like to do some wider shots. This should be the link to the pic -

Full Moon 12-10-11 - 05 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Any suggestions?

Huge thanks for any help

Daz :-)

Oh flip! Headed out, nice clear skies, thought I'd pop out towards the sticks just past Kingswinford, 10 mins into the journey and a HUGE cloud bank started to come over. Grrr LOL. Got a few photos but mostly light polution lol. I'll post Flickr links if any are ok.

Damn yooooo clouds! **shakes fist at em** LOL

I've been cursing the clouds this past week...Really wanted to make a trip to Cosford last Sat but the clouds put that off! Had a nice Pizza Express instead, so not all bad :)

Fingers crossed for this weekend - Possibility of a trip out if the interest is there! :)

Dan.

Just waiting to see what the crack is with the other half at the mo so will be able to confirm later hopefully...What sort of time do u guys usually meet if you head over there? Providing it's clear that is :D

Smithy...I couldn't open that link :(

Not looking the best...not to worry if not, we got every other clear night to get over there, even of its in the week :D

Yeah, give it an hour or two, or I'm gonna have to dive into these cans of beer in the fridge! Haha.

Not looking the best...not to worry if not, we got every other clear night to get over there, even of its in the week :D

Yeah, give it an hour or two, or I'm gonna have to dive into these cans of beer in the fridge! Haha.

Very true! I'll give it to about 8-9 ish to clear.

Oh this weather is kiling me!

I popped the scope out last night and spent most of the night inside making cups of tea and hot chocolate while passing the time on an FPS game. Forecast on Met Office website was clear skies at 1700 and then when I checked at 2200 it had changed to cloud all night. Agrrrrr!!!!

Tell me about it! I managed to go to the meteorwatch at Barr Beacon last Friday, that cleared wonderfully, but it's still in a light polluted area. I want to get out to a dark place with these new bins and my Nikon D80! I'm looking at investing in a nice 200mm scope in the next 2-3 months so the weather had better improve or else mother nature had better watch out! LOL

Archived