Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone up for tonight? I'm a bit done in from clearing out the shed but this sky looks too good to miss.

Need to know as I'm off up the shop for a bottle of wine if not! :)

Haha, you always seem to be clearing out the shed.

• 3 weeks later...

What time are you planning guys? I've got to be in Evesham for 8.30 on Saturday but I'm thinking of leaving there at 10.30 and getting to Cosford for around 11:45 ish (earlier if I can escape for about 10). Is that too late?

Sorry I missed it last night, in Evesham till 2am in the end. I did stop on the way back in the middle of the sticks and was blown away with how much I could see once I got away from the LP!

ill aim for the next time, just need a pm with the location :D Hope it went well guys :)

These clouds and rian are doing my head in now - The other weekend was amazingly clear, but a little hazy I thought...I ended up satellite watching with that App on the iPhone called GoSat Watch - Satellite Tracking...saw some amazing Iridium Flares!

I say roll on the Winter when the still crystal clear nights make an appearance! It will be a showcase @ Cosford with Jupiter and the like...I am still yet to see my first Galaxy and Star Cluster...Must admit, I find it really difficult using my red dot finder...thinking, would a Telrad help?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be driving back from Wiltshire late Saturday night, going to take my bins and dslr see if I can stop off somewhere nice and dark on the way back :D

Would love to have made the meteorwatch up at Barr Beacon but I don't think I'll be back early enough :(

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone up for a camping meet in Ratlinghope valley Shropshire, good dark site, no power hookups so batteries only, good pub down the road a bit, the site is open all year I think and I have been many times. I have access to a large tent (will seat more than a dozen with scopes)

If interested PM me here or mail me at galaxyzoo90@yahoo.com

Will also post this in West Midlands group

Whenever people reply, moonless nights, lets get together to talk, i am ready all the time just about, the holiday period is always difficult for people, also the site suggested by Paulus17 is only a few miles away but nearer to lights.

Archived