SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A couple of quickies - a session cut short

Starflyer

It was crystal clear last night with the best transparency this side of spring. I set up early and started with M31 for a couple of hours, then onto M45 for the same time.

I popped outside to check on things half way through the M45 run and found the 'scope completely dewed up... the plug of the dew strap wasn't fully seated. I cleared the dew and started the camera going again. :headbang:

My target for the rest of the night was going to be the Rosette nebula, but of course the clouds rolled in and I packed up. The M31/M45 data was planned to be saved until I get more data but stir-craziness has forced me to process them :D

WO ZS80 FD / TV 0.8x reducer flattener / IDAS LP filter / Badder modded Canon 450D

EQ6 Pro, guided with a WO ZS66SD / QHY5 / EQMOD

M31 - 20 x 120s, 8 x 300s, ISO800, with darks, flats and bias;

starflyer-albums-starflyer-s-dso-album-picture3287-m31-20th-november-2009.jpg

M45 - 16 x 300s, ISO800, with darks, flats and bias;

starflyer-albums-starflyer-s-dso-album-picture3288-m45-20th-november-2009.jpg

I hope I get the chance to add to them soon,

Ian

Thanks for the comments, they're both quite noisy but I'm very happy with the results for only 80 minutes on each.

I'd like more time on M31, the short subs were taken to try and capture some of the dust lanes closer to the core, now it needs a bunch of 10 minute subs for the fainter regions.

Thanks again for the kind comments :D

Lulu - for the few brief periods I was outside I had my level 2 winter hat on, but I spent most of the time sat inside in the warm. I can't wait to wear my Summer 2010 hat though :D

...and I can't wait to try your new Summer hat on! :headbang:

Archived