NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from powys

peter shah

ive been meaning pop in for a long time now....there are a few faces i know and lots i dont.

A little bit about me.....I live in a nice dark site in mid wales with a roll off roof observatory, which is full automated. My scope is an AG8 and a H16 ccd mounted on a Losmandy G11. I have recently got my website up and running, so anyone wants to see some of my images they can be found here along with a bit of info on my kit....

www.astropix.co.uk

i hope when i post images you will be critical....i want to keep pushing my imaging forward....... it always helps with fresh ideas....:)

so hello from me:hello2:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello Peter - welcome to SGL.

I've had good experiences from your alter ego in Sale :)

Mike

ah yes peter karboulonis is a very nice guy as his brother george, they will often go out of their way to help...people often get us mixed up

Welcome Peter to SGL from your neighbouring county Herefordshire. My eldest son lives in Sale about 100 metres from the shop. It was very handy when it opened last year and as you say Peter Karboulonis is a very helpful chap.

Had a quick view of your astro photos - very impressive.

Mark

Hello Peter

I'm also from Powys - up in the North of the county near Lake Vyrnwy. We get good clear skies up here, thanks to PCC turning off most of our streetlights.

I'm very much a beginner, so keen to find any good local support.

Your images look very impressive to me.

Welcome to SGL Pete, awesome website! Very interesting about how your pier was retaining the heat during the day and then influencing the seeing during the night - great solution to that problem!:)

Hello Peter

I'm also from Powys - up in the North of the county near Lake Vyrnwy. We get good clear skies up here, thanks to PCC turning off most of our streetlights.

I'm very much a beginner, so keen to find any good local support.

Your images look very impressive to me.

You're not very far away from me i live near Meifod so on the same side of the county.....im always willing to help out :grin:
Welcome to SGL Pete, awesome website! Very interesting about how your pier was retaining the heat during the day and then influencing the seeing during the night - great solution to that problem!:)
There is a camping mat wrapped under the mylar to give it a second layer. I have a few other things to help with the seeing, I dont have a concrete base, the floor has about a foot gap under it for air flow and i blow a fan across the whole setup when imaging, unless i have a breeze, then the fan does nothing! the focal length is matched with the pixel size so i get a resolution of 2arc sec per pixel, which is about as good as the seeing gets here. They are all very simple things to help maximize my kit

A very fine Image it is, eveen with Halos, although I'm having difficulty seeing them:D.

Welcome to the SGL Forum Peter, it's great to have another fine exponent of Astrophotography in our midst. We shall look forward to more excellent work from you.

Ron.:)

Archived