SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Who Has A Clear Sky Tonight ?

saac

Started imaging at 1830 tonight and still going - single figure subs lost to occasional passing clouds -  target is the Garnet Star and IC1396. If this keeps going I'm in danger of pulling off my first 6 hour image run :) 

So it's clear but cold in NE Fife tonight with yellow warning for snow on its way at some stage!

Jim 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Budgie1 said:

Passing snow showers with a thin layer of snow on the ground, so no imaging up here tonight. 

Martin I think the stuff you are having is coming to visit us here sometime tomorrow morning I think - might get a snow day :) 

Jim 

Not here  8^(  ......light snow and 8°F at the moment.  I have some new kit I want to play with so I am being tortured.    8^P

Edited by CCD-Freak

Sky is crystal clear in SL7 at the moment so, I guess I may be setting up and playing with Stellarium and PHD2 to get the software running right tonight.

• Like 1

Was clear here until an hour ago 6pm, getting ready to set up for some observing, then that cloud bank I saw to the north east of the village came over and clouded out now and saw nothing 😒

Lee

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Clear here but the heating is broke on the car and I had to drive it to the dealership and back with the window cracked open and I'm still not warm!  Might have to give it a miss tonight...

I'll stick the phone on charge... just in case tho.

It's clear here in Oxford but it's just too cold. I couldn't even change a filter as my fingers were like bananas. I'm calling it for tonight. Caught a load of SER's of Jupiter.

712F3643-AF54-4555-AB00-18C6BECAE15D.thumb.jpeg.257a67ed4e54b6af73ad2a2883bc0b15.jpeg

Edited by bosun21
  • Like 2

Fantastic here Nr Dorking but sooo cold. lol. did an hours worth and just had a super hot shower to thaw out !

Moon spectacular as always but I managed to snag Jupiter and even better I got some good views of Saturn

1000020808-02.jpeg

Edited by GasGiant
  • Like 6

Very clear here in North Surrey but as previously described it's a bit parky at -2. I decided to give first light to a remote lunar imaging rig I set up today which meant I stayed warm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, glafnazur said:

It was lovely and clear when I got home, I had something to eat and just looked out and now there's a layer of high cloud.

Yes, similar here in Cornwall. Very clear from mid-afternoon, with all forecasts showing it staying so until later in the evening. I set up about 6:45pm but have a lot of thin cloud ever since.

Regards, Mike.

• Like 1

I was wondering if the clear sky we’ve had all day might last into the night.  Forecast was for cloud later but it’s still clear.  Sadly I don’t have the energy or mojo to get a scope out, not even the diddy little 70mm one. 

• Sad 1

It was clear until 5:30 here in The Shire, then the haze came along…and it’s still very patchy. Scope is all set up ready for action, but sadly has sat idle for the past 1.5 hours. Forecast thinks it’ll clear up in the next hour…fingers crossed!

Crescent Moon is nicely lighting up the clouds surrounding it…

Edited by WolfieGlos

Totally clear here just West of Newcastle upon Tyne.

Thought to be fair we have had probably 6 weeks of cloud and rain prior to the last couple of days