Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Warehouse 2

FLO

FLO now has two warehouses! 🙂 

Warehouse 2 is longer and wider than warehouse 1.

The extra space will enable us to carry significantly more stock and expand our workshop area, so provide a higher level of service. 

I had intended to post before and after photos but racking (to be installed later this week) and some stock arrived early this morning. 

A HUGE thank-you for your continued support over the years 🤗

Steve

warehouse-two-sgl.jpg.2aa6bcda6965992943d06109125d4379.jpg

• Like 40

Nice to see the hobby is popular enough to support such a large venture!

I have often been amazed at how much selection is available in-stock on your store at any given time, especially the larger bits like OTAs and mounts. I got curious about where all the stuff in my shed was distributed from only recently and looked you guys up on streetview, only to have a "How do they fit all of that stock in there!" moment haha.

Are both houses in the same business park in Exeter?

• Like 1

On 19/10/2022 at 18:21, pipnina said:

Nice to see the hobby is popular enough to support such a large venture!I have often been amazed at how much selection is available in-stock on your store at any given time, especially the larger bits like OTAs and mounts. I got curious about where all the stuff in my shed was distributed from only recently and looked you guys up on streetview

I don't think you can see our warehouse via street view. Probably only the entrance to Budlake Units. 

On 19/10/2022 at 18:21, pipnina said:

... "How do they fit all of that stock in there!" moment haha.

We didn't fit all our stock in warehouse 1.

We outgrew warehouse 1 over a year ago but larger warehouses are scarce in deepest, darkest Devon (property developers underestimated business growth for this area). We built a mezzanine floor in warehouse 1. This helped but wasn't enough so in desperation we purchased four shipping containers to store stock at a local farm. These weren't enough either so we also started paying for 3rd-party warehouse storage on another industrial estate (an expensive option!) and bought a Luton van with tail-lift to move stock to/from every week. Far from ideal!

Then, finally, another warehouse became available. Next door to ours! Perfect. So we now have two warehouses 😀 

20 hours ago, Elp said:

Will we finally be able to order that Hubble thingy listed on your website?

We almost sold the Hubble Space Telescope to a Mr E Musk but he pulled out last minute saying we didn't have accurate user records. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

On 20/10/2022 at 12:32, FLO said:

we purchased four shipping containers to store stock at a local farm.

Steve 

There is a storage place in Hereford all 20 foot containers, they have  a good few hundred and all are full, my toy soldiers live in one, power, lighting, heating and 4g internet, not perfect but great .

15 minutes ago, Earl said:

There is a storage place in Hereford all 20 foot containers, they have  a good few hundred and all are full, my toy soldiers live in one, power, lighting, heating and 4g internet, not perfect but great .

Wow! I didn’t know toy soldiers needed access to the internet, along with all the other home comforts in their base/storage locker? ;) 

• Haha 1

On 24/10/2022 at 05:28, Knighty2112 said:

Wow! I didn’t know toy soldiers needed access to the internet, along with all the other home comforts in their base/storage locker? ;) 

You totally beat me to it.

Storage units are big business here in the US, as are TV shows like Storage Wars where resellers bid on storage units that have not had their rent paid.  They only get to peer into them from the outside and make their best guesses about the value of the contents.  The rest of the show is about them finding out what they actually bought, and if they'll make their money back.

There are 10 giant storage units within a 2 mile radius of my house.  Many of them are climate controlled while others are for RVs (caravans/boats/etc.).