SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Warehouse Expansion & Order Dispatch Dates

FLO

Due to continued growth we are expanding our warehouse, workshop and production facility in Exeter. 

This will enable us to stock and support an even wider range of astronomy products. 

The expansion requires our premises be closed Thursday & Friday (30th Sep & 1st Oct). 

Orders placed before Midday tomorrow/Wednesday for in-stock items will be dispatched but those received thereafter will ship the following week. 

Thank you sincerely for your patience and understanding. 

We also want to say a sincere heartfelt THANK YOU for your continued support 🤗 

Best wishes, 

Adrian, Alex, Annette, Ann, Chris, Cody, Dave, Grant, Ian, James, Katie, Lisa, Matt, Rob & Steve. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

• Steve changed the title to Warehouse Expansion & Order Dispatch Dates
28 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I take it you can't wait to next week, so I can order and have some equipment dispatched for the weekend ? 😂

Orders placed before Midday tomorrow/Wednesday for in-stock items will be dispatched but those received thereafter will ship the following week. 

I will add this detail to our post. 

HTH 🙂 

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

Nice to see that business continues well and needs more growth to cope 👍
So is this another unit where you are presently?

We are looking for a larger warehouse but suitably sized ones are thin on the ground (historically, Devon property developers underestimated business growth) so we are extending the one we have.  We will continue looking. 

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, FLO said:

We are looking for a larger warehouse but suitably sized ones are thin on the ground (historically, Devon property developers underestimated business growth) so we are extending the one we have.  We will continue looking. 

Steve 

None of the ex-car show rooms big enough for you? ;) Now if only you could get them and all your neighbours to turn their lights off at night my southerly view might be a smidge darker. ;)

5 hours ago, FLO said:

That looks like something out of a Batman movie! 🦇

Think smaller, lighter and brighter with white walls, blue & orange racking and a mezzanine floor 🙂

Im really disappointed in you Steve, that you could mistake the absolute Classic movies Raider of the Lost Arc, for a Batman movie! tut tut 😛 

On 28/09/2021 at 13:57, FLO said:

Steve 

Are you expecting any resuming of normal stocking levels and shipping from manufacturers to return to somewhat normal, after 18 months since the dreaded Lockdown started?

16 hours ago, Ian McCallum said:

Are you expecting any resuming of normal stocking levels and shipping from manufacturers to return to somewhat normal, after 18 months since the dreaded Lockdown started?

Generally speaking, we are still experiencing long lead times and low availability due to transport issues and component / materials shortages. 

However, whenever stock is available we buy as much as we can and have invested significantly in other more easily available (relatively speaking) products. I.e. iOptron, ZWO, StellaMira, StellaLyra, LynxAstro, HitecAstro & Astro Essentials. Those products we source direct from the factory or manufacture ourselves in-house. So, though the supply situation remains difficult, we are carrying more stock at our warehouse than ever before. Hence our recent expansion 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/09/2021 at 10:32, FLO said:

Due to continued growth we are expanding our warehouse, workshop and production facility in Exeter. 

This will enable us to stock and support an even wider range of astronomy products. 

We now have a shiny new Mezzanine floor 🙂 

It covers the rear of our warehouse and provides an additional 70+ square meters of floor area. 

We spent Mon-Wed relocating stock so the fitters could install the Mezzanine Thu & Fri. Then, over Sat & Sun we moved stock back in, fitted new racking and played with used a new electric liftywotsit to move stock onto the mezzanine. The project went well and finished on time so we reopened today and have begun clearing the backlog of orders. We will probably be back up to speed later this week... 

mezzanine-a.jpg

mezzanine-b.jpg

mezzanine-c.jpg

mezzanine-d.jpg

mezzanine-e.jpg

• Like 22

It's awesome to see businesses like yours expanding, despite all the negative press you hear about Covid and what not. Looks like they've done a great job with the mezzanine floor and you have plenty of space to use. In the penultimate image, please tell me that space where the orange electric liftywotsit is going to be used for a slide and nothing boring like a "crane" or whatever 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I want a picture of the lambo 😝

You must be confusing us with a competitor 😁

FLO reinvests year-on-year. It is how we afford staff and premises and the reason I drive a Mazda, not a Mercedes 🚗 

Steve 

• Like 3