Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

It’s been a long wait but well worth it

I have been waiting a long time to find a premium truss Dobsonion I missed out on two previous 18 Obsession ultra compact scopes and a 20 due to various reasons and poor timing well at last I can now say my search is over I’m now a Proud owner of an Obsession 18 classic after a 5 hour round trip yesterday after work it’s now proudly sitting in my conservatory much to my wife’s annoyance and what have you gone and done now , so first time assembling this evening no first light yet as I have a back injury suffered few weeks ago I am so impressed the quality is top class I have had several other models over the years but this is in a different league the movement is so smooth once mastered should only take a few minutes to assemble. 

2E7A20DF-7F07-4DCA-8919-20C42FD7F143.jpeg

D730833D-778D-421D-A77E-0F8B0453E0B1.jpeg

2FD43CC2-D6D6-423B-988A-2878ED30C53F.jpeg

2805BF8E-0E40-448D-A7F4-863550DC0812.jpeg

BFFF1CEA-624E-454C-A5D8-07A049E35238.jpeg

Edited by garryblueboy
  • Like 27

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Very nice Garry. You going to keep this one?

We’ll Stu unless my health deteriorates the plan is to keep it 😂 I’ve tried several regret selling one and this is definitely the most I can sensibly manage and keep my TSA 120 as my Daily scope hence selling the TMB which I love and will miss

46 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Nice Grab and Go scope Garry 😉

That is quite some instrument, I hope it serves you well and was worth the long wait

Alan surprisingly it is quite sort of it breaks down and assembles quite quickly and I’m sure I won’t be disappointed 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, garryblueboy said:

We’ll Stu unless my health deteriorates the plan is to keep it 😂

Hope you do stay health to be able to keep and use it Garry, one of these is on my wish list at some point. Do let us know what you see with it 👍

• Like 1

Hello Garry. New scope looks awesome. Sure it will fit the bill for you.  Might I ask about the TSA120. I know you have had quite a few, rather nice, refactors over the years.  Has the TSA120 ended up out living them all. Does it do practically everything you ask of it. 

I have a couple of fracs now that I am very happy with but every now and again it crosses my mind to sell up and go for a 120 as my one and only. 

John

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Hope you do stay health to be able to keep and use it Garry, one of these is on my wish list at some point. Do let us know what you see with it 👍

Will do just waiting on my back to improve so couple more weeks unless I’m naughty 👿 

1 hour ago, Telescope40 said:

Hello Garry. New scope looks awesome. Sure it will fit the bill for you.  Might I ask about the TSA120. I know you have had quite a few, rather nice, refactors over the years.  Has the TSA120 ended up out living them all. Does it do practically everything you ask of it. 

I have a couple of fracs now that I am very happy with but every now and again it crosses my mind to sell up and go for a 120 as my one and only. 

John

Yes it has it does it all and is portable 

40 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Very nice Garry !

If you decide to take that to Paxton Pits, give me a shout, I'll join you !.......:grin::headbang:

👍Will do that’s an idea 

50 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

Beast and a half. My wife would be really happy with that in the lounge (not really)

Yeah, getting one of these in the lounge would be like me building the mud model of Devils Tower from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. 😂

• Haha 1

That is an absolute monster!

Envious of the views you're going to be getting of planets and galaxies through that when the clouds clear!

I wish you, your new scope, and your new back problems all a great time! 😆

• Like 1