Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

so, Artemis test flight AKA Should Launch Someday, 16-Nov-2022

DaveL59

Looks like the very early hours tomorrow morning.

Due to SWMBO and I having to pick up the grandkids to deliver them to 2 different schools starting at 6:30, I'll hopefully watch it from my yard.

Still should be spectacular!

When the SLS ignited the solid boosters, it looked like sunrise!

• Like 2

Sounds like they're more prepared to take some risk this time around, unless they find a show-stopper, so we may get to see the world's biggest firework get off the ground yet 🙂 

Edited by DaveL59

13 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Have been curious about the size of this rocked so found this which is interesting..

Alan

Now if there weren't a functional reason (as in fuel load) you'd start to think someone has a serious case of penis envy 😉

For those wanting to see it live, launch window for the roman candle starts 01:04 EDT, 06:04 UK time.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

Now if there weren't a functional reason (as in fuel load) you'd start to think someone has a serious case of penis envy 😉

For those wanting to see it live, launch window for the roman candle starts 01:04 EDT, 06:04 UK time.

Personally, I like how the Statue of Liberty managed to move positions during the continuous shot without being caught on camera doing it. 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dark Adaptation said:

I'm sure it can't only be me that's noticed that the biggest and crudest rocket has USA in big red letters on it 🤣🤣

But the one that undeniably looks most like the male body part being alluded to is the Blue Origin New Shepard.  It's not always about sheer size when making a compensating statement via rocketry.  Sometimes, being literal makes a louder statement than being bigger.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ladies and gents, whilst I find the shapes of certain rockets as amusing as the rest of you, let’s try to keep this thread on the straight and narrow, as it were….

sorry dude, it was just too hard to resist 😉 

anyways, fingers crossed we get an exciting show as us UK bods wake for the day 🙂 

Edited by DaveL59
  • Thanks 1

I'm waiting at my regular place in my driveway. 

The sky would be clear except we've got fog. The kind you can see in your head lamp as you walk.

Who knows if it goes what I will see.

But hearing the owls talking around me makes getting up early worth it!

• Like 2

So, it's finally happened!

My fog was so bad it might be 1/2 mile visibility but for about 5 seconds it was visible.

Not able to get a real image, except the one in my mind!

Next time hopefully being they seem to have the bugs worked out, I'll take the trip again to see it up close.

• Like 3

so we're in orbit, solar panels deploying. Should mean they'll have enough spare power to run the cassette deck playing "wheels on the bus" to keep Mr Spock and the rest of us kiddies entertained on the long trip 😉 

Edited by DaveL59
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Stu changed the title to so, Artemis test flight AKA Should Launch Someday, 16-Nov-2022
13 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

Can't seem to change the title to put the year in, could one of the Moderators sort it for us, please 🙂 

All done Sir. Good launch, need some onboard cameras though, SpaceX style. 

• Thanks 1

Wooo hooo, thats such a great moment for us.
Watch out Moon, here we come.

I actually have tears in my eyes, The Moon missions is where my late Dad spent his time,
showing and interesting me in The Solar System, especially The Moon and beyond.
So reflecting on good times past as well.   Here is to you Dad X

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I started watching the NASA Spaceflight livestream last night, and left it on my phone so I could pick it up this morning, so just caught the launch when I surfaced to take my tablets.

I wasn't sure it was worth getting up, half-expecting another delay but decided to set the alarm anyway. Of course hearing that going off one of the kitties decided it was a good time to come into the bedroom and call out his demand for food so I of course then had to get up. Joined the live stream at T-10 and was please to see it get going as I tucked in to breakfast.

• Like 1

Dog wanted out for a wee at 6am, booted the PC up and noted the launch was in hold... with some comment about a bit of sealer... was confident it was going to be another scrub, but no, it finally got off the launch pad.  Impressive launch, but shame that in the 21st century they couldn't have fitted cameras with downlinks to give us the same sort of images we get from Falcon 9 and SpaceX launches.

• Like 1