SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NEW StellaMira 90mm ED Triplet Refractor

FLO

Finally got to try this beast out last night in between the cloud ! Just a trial run to make sure everything was working correctly. Definatley getting a cooled camera next.  Very pleased that everything worked. Not sure on my processing though 😆

PXL_20211205_174304404.MP[6769].jpg

masterLight_BIN_1_EXPOSURE_180_00s_FILTER_NoFilter_RGB_integration_DBE.jpg

Edited by SAW
  • Like 18

Very pleased with the 90mm Stellamira, and now have the ZWO183MM attached. This was 19x120s stacked with darks, flats and dark flats applied. Just need some filters now to add some colour ! That's to everyone at FLO for all your help on getting my set up working perfectly and for the quick deliveries.

AffinityPhotoM33.png

Edited by SAW
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I see the 1.0x flattener is back in stock has anyone tested this yet on the S/M 90mm edt yet interested to see some results. I’m loving this scope. Actually got me out imaging again. But I must confess sometimes I just go out and stare at the scope. It’s beautiful 🤩 

8 minutes ago, johninderby said:

I wonder if some that had been considering the Esprit 80 are now thinking about the StellaMira 90 after seeing these early results?

I am seriously considering 90mm instead of esprit 100. Its sat on my FLO basket as I type :D

Wondering if anyone tried it with starfield 0.8 Field flattener. Need the extra back focus. Ian at FLO suggests it will work, but wondering if anyone tried it and could comment of flatness of the field and also image circle. Because i dont think i be willing to sacrifice the flatness of the matched FF for extra back focus. Neither do I want to start taking flat frames

Edited by rsarwar

15 hours ago, rsarwar said:

I am seriously considering 90mm instead of esprit 100. Its sat on my FLO basket as I type :D

Wondering if anyone tried it with starfield 0.8 Field flattener. Need the extra back focus. Ian at FLO suggests it will work, but wondering if anyone tried it and could comment of flatness of the field and also image circle. Because i dont think i be willing to sacrifice the flatness of the matched FF for extra back focus. Neither do I want to start taking flat frames

For what it’s worth my images above are with the 0.8 flattener  but it is with a 4/3 size chip so can’t really say with APC or full frame. If I get a chance I will stick my full frame on but I think this flattener if only good up to APC size sensors when you read the blurb.

Edited by Mattynorth
  • Like 1

An old adversary of mine is the Iris nebula, never seem to be able to do it justice. I was fighting the moon last night but decided to try and refine the guiding a little after rebalancing the 90edt. I’m impressed with the scope but far less so with my processing skills 😂

9CC4CF8E-12B0-43F2-9338-65BF713B4A48.jpeg

Edited by Martthebass
  • Like 4

Any one got any thoughts on this flattener to use this scope at its native 540 FL. Ive got the 0.8 reducer but really interested in using it at 540. its a really good combo with a micro 4/3 sensor. Is this going to be the best option. 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/stellamira-telescopes/stellamira-2-field-flattener-with-m48-adapter.html

On 08/10/2021 at 10:59, FLO said:

These has been a long time coming so we are very pleased to announce their arrival 🙂 

StellaMira 90mm ED Triplet Refractor

StellaMira 2" 0.8x Reducer / Flattener for 90mm ED Triplet

Main features:

• Triplet optics with an ED glass element equal to FPL53. 
  • QC checked in the UK. 
  • Minimum 0.95 Strehl ratio (test report included with every telescope). 
  • 2.5" Rack & Pinion, dual speed focuser with 1:10 fine focusing and integral rotator. 
  • Sturdy but lightweight Carbon Fibre tube with CNC machined aluminium fittings. 
  • An optically matched 0.8x StellaMira Reducer / Field Flattener is also available that enables imaging at f/4.8. 
  • When used with the reducer it provides an evenly illuminated imaging circle suitable for sensor sizes up to and including APS-C. 

Stellamira_90ed_triplet_5.jpg

StellaMira_2_inch_08xReducer_Flattener_f

Now that looks right up my strasse!! Not literally you understand.

First light with 90mm F6 + TSFLAT2. needed 120 mm of backfocus. i think i need to try 110. 

QHY268M, Baader Ha 3.5 nm. stack of 3 images with darks and bias only. not processed other than auto stretch.

Was able to get OAG working without issue. prism places along the shorter edge (furtherest from the centre) just to check if there is enough light there. The bottom 10 % have reduced exposure so for full frame, one would need to use flats. i have a fullframe nikon, but no nikon adaptor so cannot check more scientifically. 

integration_test.png

Edited by rsarwar
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, after almost two months, I was able to test my StellaMira. In the last 2 nights I could collect almost 7.5h data.
64x300sec with the Antlia ALP-T dualband filter and 40x180sec RGB data with UV/IR cut filter.
Camera QHY294C Pro on CEM40

IC405-410.jpg

• Like 14

On 02/01/2022 at 11:28, Rafael said:

Finally, after almost two months, I was able to test my StellaMira. In the last 2 nights I could collect almost 7.5h data.
64x300sec with the Antlia ALP-T dualband filter and 40x180sec RGB data with UV/IR cut filter.
Camera QHY294C Pro on CEM40

lucy you, we still have clouds.

I was testing Stellamira with StarField 0.8x flattener: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/starfield-telescopes/starfield-08x-adjustable-reducer-flattener-for-90102mm-refractors.html
Stars are flat for the entire APS-C snesor and the back focus comes to about 59 mm. I could use my OAG, so the image circle is big enough for full frame but may been flats. TS sells the same device and lists it as having 42 mm image circle.

i feel it is a very good flattener for it's proce and can be used with a multitude of scopes. very well priced vs TS@250+ euro pre vat

Edited by rsarwar

Managed to get out with my Stellamira last night but it was very windy. Just tested out my autofocuser, everything was working great with APT. Here's a single 300s sub of the horse head in Ha with the 183MM.

B33.jpg

• Like 13

First light for the 90mm last night. From the early results this looks like a great 'investment'.

This was about 8 hours of HaLRGB with the 1600mm pro. Quite a bit of high cloud during the red capture so maybe not as sharp as it might be. Also, looks to be a bit of sensor tilt in one corner.

NGC1499_California_Nebula.jpg

• Like 6

still a work in process. but quite happy with the SM90 + TSFLAT2. will do the horse and orion mosaic with the 0.8x flattener after this and see how that goes

[URL=https://astrob.in/jl4k1w/0/]https://astrob.in/jl4k1w/0/rawthumb/regular/get.jpg?insecure[/URL]

processed_haoo.thumb.png.2cdaf940612d5d2e184daf9f17902b81.png

Edited by rsarwar
  • Like 7